BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2015 535i, 2017 X3 x35
1,809 Posts
Should be a safety warrantee item. The headlight switch must be set to automatic on/off for the headlights to turn but if the auto-level is not working there may be a problem with the circuit that powers headlight movement.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
VATKENS!!!!! (you know how seinfeld says NEWMAN!). This guy pops up out of nowhere and this time for a headlamp issue. c'mon, where is he when people are on their 4th trip to the dealer with a defective transmission. :dunno:

·
Registered
542 Posts
My headlights stop auto adjusting when first turning on, and they no longer turn from right to left when turning the steering wheel.
the headlights wont turn from right to left when the car is stopped. it will go from left to right while moving or at a stop, but will only go from right to left while moving.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the headlights wont turn from right to left when the car is stopped. it will go from left to right while moving or at a stop, but will only go from right to left while moving.
Sorry maybe I wasn't clear in my first response. The headlight don't move at all. Not when the lights are first started or when turning the wheel.

·
Registered
220 Posts
VATKENS!!!!! (you know how seinfeld says NEWMAN!). This guy pops up out of nowhere and this time for a headlamp issue. c'mon, where is he when people are on their 4th trip to the dealer with a defective transmission. :dunno:
+1:rofl: I guess a slipping tranny isn't considered a "safety concern" to BMWNA. But if your lights are not moving... hold the phone!!! :tsk:

Hold on so our headlights move. :dunno: I have an 04 745Li and I know that they auto level (up and down) when I turn the car on, but I have never noticed them turning from left to right or right to left while moving. I will check on this. I clearly notice the left to right and right to left while driving my friends Lexus (sorry to keep bringing that up), but have never noticed it on mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.