BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The headlight low-beam, angel eye, and marker light bulbs are all out now on the passenger side of my '03 530i. First the side light bulb went, then the angel eyes, then the low-beam. My question is what are the part numbers for the bulbs? For the angel eyes, do I just replace the bulb, or the entire underlying unit? And should I replace the driver's side as well?

I'm sure I'm not the first one here to go down this path, just need some guidance.

I assume this isn't as easy as just replacing a bulb or two :eek:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Check out realoem.com, they can give you specific part numbers. The side marker light is simple - pull the old one out and a number (I.e. 3157) should be stamped on the bottom. Match that number up at a walmart or AutoZone and voila! I'm not sure whether the halo is a single light bulb or a unit but undoubtedly 250 people will reply and tell you.

If you have a xenon low beam, be careful. Those ballasts are no joke and extremely dangerous if you're not careful. Look at the poor guy on the warning label, he's in a world of pain. Those are, I believe, D2S and quite expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
I'm sure I'm not the first one here to go down this path, just need some guidance
Here's the best guidance I can give you that you might not already know:
Note: I call this the slash F3 method because that's all I type to get the best answers.

1. Click on the VERY best of E39 Links (or, in the E39 wiki common issues): (SEE NOTE 1)
    • Note 1: It's more efficient when you set your Bimmerfest control panel to the maximum number of posts per page so a single search will find what you need. Click on your Bimmerfest "User CP -> Edit Options -> Number of Posts to Show Per Page -> 80 -> Save Changes".
  2. Press your operating system "find" hotkey (i.e., "control f" in Windows & Linux & "command f" on the Mac) (SEE NOTE 2)
    • NOTE 2: With Firefox, the slash (/) hotkey, in addition to "control f", does the same search, without the extra overhead.
  3. Type the search term, e.g., "headlight" (sans quotes) & the cursor focus will jump to the first match (SEE NOTE 3)
    • NOTE 3: On Windows & Linux, the "F3" hotkey will jump to the next find; "shift F3" will reverse the find; "enter" will open the current link. If the search fails, the search term will highlight in red.
In five seconds, you have all the best headlight threads. Change the keyword to "bulb" and you'll get the best bulb threads.

If it's a common issue, then you're all set.
If it's not a common issue, you have a starting point.
Your job then, would be to increase the knowledge base from there.

That's my "guidance". :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts