BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Headlight bulbs f10

624 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Horsty
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

i have a 2012 520D, With yellow halogen bulbs, im looking to upgrade them as for one the are not very bright, and they look really old /outdated.

Here is a pic of my headlight.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

After a quick look on youtube , some guy reccomended these for an upgrade, but i have read stories of people having issues getting them to fit in the casing of the light.
Which worrys me as im not mechacily minded.

Here are the bulbs he reccomended.
NOVSIGHT H7 15000LM 70W Super Bright LED Headlight Conversion Kit

Any help much appreciated , Thankyou
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I have bought and returned several LED bulbs trying to find better light from my halogen light vehicles. I would hope that some maker would have found the right placement of LED to work with the reflectors in headlight but I have not. I got the closest by breaking the adhesive so I could twist the and adjust depth of the led and got the closest but the pattern still had voids where I lost lighting that is important. I usually go with Silverstar halogen bulbs that have the slight blue glass or glass coating that whitens the light color. If someone has found H7 LED bulbs that do work, please let us know.
I replaced mine over this weekend with a pair from amazon. They are called "XILAM H7 LED Headlight Bulbs Non-polarity, 6500K Cool White 8 LED Chips No Dark Spot, 1:1 Design No Adapter Required, All-in-One Conversion Kit for High and Low Beam Fog Lights Replacement, Pack of 2". (Purchased from US amazon).

They were a perfect fit for my 2011 528i with stock halogen bulbs. It isn't too difficult to replace them. I followed a relatively simple youtube tutorial. You might need to take your front wheels off. Its pretty simple though, 2 screws to remove a flap in the front, and then twist off the seal cap then replace it.
How are those LED bulbs performing? Are tehy "Xilam" or "Oxilam"?
I replaced mine over this weekend with a pair from amazon. They are called "XILAM H7 LED Headlight Bulbs Non-polarity, 6500K Cool White 8 LED Chips No Dark Spot, 1:1 Design No Adapter Required, All-in-One Conversion Kit for High and Low Beam Fog Lights Replacement, Pack of 2". (Purchased from US amazon).

They were a perfect fit for my 2011 528i with stock halogen bulbs. It isn't too difficult to replace them. I followed a relatively simple youtube tutorial. You might need to take your front wheels off. Its pretty simple though, 2 screws to remove a flap in the front, and then twist off the seal cap then replace it.
Osram and philips offer LED retrofit kits for H7 halogens. They are just a bit expensive though.
Which are you using?
Osram and philips offer LED retrofit kits for H7 halogens. They are just a bit expensive though.
I stuck the Osrams in the Audi A2. It’s definitely an upgrade.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts