BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what size are the headlight bulbs in the non xenon headlights? i cant find them online and my bmw dealership is closed right now.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Not sure about the size (dimensions), but you can look them up for H-7 bulbs (the ones used in non-HID headlights).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i meant what bulb not size. i think im going to get a h.i.d kit a friend has the same kit in his bike, car (635csi), and truck and has had no problems at all.

·
Registered
865 Posts
h7 bulbs, i would recommend MTEC h7 bulbs for perfect matching with factory
What you are advertizing here is a bogus product.

This bulb is neither HID, nor does it "provide 100W output at 55W". Light output is measured in Lumens, not watts. On top of it, these bulbs are coated, meaning the light output is lower than that from a clear bulb of the same type.

This belongs on a Civic board anlong with fart-cans, blue underbody LEDs, trunk-mounted wings and stickes "Powered by VTEC".

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Funny, I read an test in a German magazine about the light output of Xenon colored H7 Halogen bulbs. The light output in Lumens was pathetic - most of them had a hard time getting over 1000 lumens (stock Halogens are ~1400 lumens). The worst was about 700 lumens - and anything that wasn't Osram or Phillips had the fillement in the wrong place so they were worthless and dim.

There are uncoated H7 bulbs that will get you 2100 lumens without going over wattage. Pitty the sponsors don't seem to sell them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts