BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have recently bought a BMW F10 520d on 13 plate. The car has some issues with headlights. On auto, passenger side day time light (angel eyes) doesn't come on. On turning the light swtich manually to the right, all lights work but when the car is swithced off, the passenger side light switches off instantly but driver side angel eyes stay on for some time. Car is showing the following two errors on the screen: 1- Side/daytime lights fault 2- Headlight vertical aim control failure. The car has halogen headlights.
What I have done so far: Tried changing TMS on passenger side but didn't work (it was a used TMS so possibly faulty). Then swapped TMS from driver side and passenger, the behaviour also switched suggesting that passenger TMS was bad. However, I have swtiched them back now and noticed that even driver side doesn't auto adjust when car starts. The day time light work on driver side but none is auto adjusting. In case of TMS module failure, what happens normally? The fact that day time light works on driver but vertical adjustment doens't, is it likely to be TMS failure? I have physically examined both TMS modules and there is no sign of water damage on either.
Used Carly to diagnose and got the following codes: 800FC8 (LM LIN bus error TMS left) and 800FC9 (LM LIN bus error TMS right). Does it mean both modules need changing? or could be a fault elsewhere? FRM? If I invest in modules, shall I buy from xenons4u (£119.99 each) or is there any alternate? And if it is FRM, would I need to code after replacing FRM? Again where to buy from?
Many thanks for your help in advance.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have recently bought a BMW F10 520d on 13 plate. The car has some issues with headlights. On auto, passenger side day time light (angel eyes) doesn't come on. On turning the light swtich manually to the right, all lights work but when the car is swithced off, the passenger side light switches off instantly but driver side angel eyes stay on for some time. Car is showing the following two errors on the screen: 1- Side/daytime lights fault 2- Headlight vertical aim control failure. The car has halogen headlights.
What I have done so far: Tried changing TMS on passenger side but didn't work (it was a used TMS so possibly faulty). Then swapped TMS from driver side and passenger, the behaviour also switched suggesting that passenger TMS was bad. However, I have swtiched them back now and noticed that even driver side doesn't auto adjust when car starts. The day time light work on driver side but none is auto adjusting. In case of TMS module failure, what happens normally? The fact that day time light works on driver but vertical adjustment doens't, is it likely to be TMS failure? I have physically examined both TMS modules and there is no sign of water damage on either.
Used Carly to diagnose and got the following codes: 800FC8 (LM LIN bus error TMS left) and 800FC9 (LM LIN bus error TMS right). Does it mean both modules need changing? or could be a fault elsewhere? FRM? If I invest in modules, shall I buy from xenons4u (£119.99 each) or is there any alternate? And if it is FRM, would I need to code after replacing FRM? Again where to buy from?
Hi. I have the same problem with my car. Have you managed to solve it. If yes, then please share with me so I know were to start.
Thanks

· Registered
84 Posts
Hi,
has there been moisture in either of your headlight assemblies?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.