BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got back from bmw passport dealer i was told i need a control box unit an a new H.I.D light bulb all together I'm looking at 1300 to fix this problem I kept thinking it was something major an yup I was right................

·
Keeping it surreal
43,205 Posts
i just got back from bmw passport dealer i was told i need a control box unit an a new H.I.D light bulb all together I'm looking at 1300 to fix this problem I kept thinking it was something major an yup I was right................
Was that $1300 *with* or *without* the K-Y ???

You could REPLACE the friggin` lights for less than that....

That`s why 98% of dealers give the other 2 % a bad name.... :rofl:

·
Living Life At The Beach
3,809 Posts
For just a ballast and a bulb? Waaaaay too much. See if you can find an independent at bimrs.org and you may get away with only half a reaming. Try this link to see if it will help, or at least see whats involved. Might be slightly different than your lights, but you'll get the idea. Good luck!

http://www.bigpatsfans.com/hl/headlight.htm

·
Registered
682 Posts
What part of DC are you in? And what exactly did they say? I have some extra bulbs laying around that I can sell/install for you. There are some good independent shops around my area that I could recommend if you dont mind coming to the Rockville area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts