Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. My name is Bill Outland. I have a problem with the headlights on a 01 x5. It was wrecked in the front. But both headlight were working the housing’s we’re broken. Replace them now with the daytime running lights on the right side works. When u turn on the headlight on dim the left side works but both high beams work. Does anyone have any advice. Please and thank u

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,117 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest, Bill!

I moved your question to the E53 forum (X5, 1999-2006) so you can get model-specific help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey Bill, I seem to be having a similar problem with my 2006 4.4i. On driver side, the xenon bulb works and conventional bulb doesn't. On the passenger, the xenon doesn't turn on, but the conventional bulb does.

But here's the weird part. When I turn on high beam, the conventional that does work doesn't go bright, yet it will if I flash the high beam.

I changed all four bulbs and checked the sockets and wiring harness, everything seems to be intact and in pretty decent condition. Was about to make a post when I saw yours. If I can figure this damn thing out, I'll swing back by and let you know what I found.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts