BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of my car yesterday. I don't have the Cold Weather Package, but I do have the heated seats.

I was surprised to see the headlight washer covers on the front bumper. I thought they would not be there without the Cold Weather Package. Are the covers there whether you get the actual washers or not? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I took delivery of my car yesterday. I don't have the Cold Weather Package, but I do have the heated seats.

I was surprised to see the headlight washer covers on the front bumper. I thought they would not be there without the Cold Weather Package. Are the covers there whether you get the actual washers or not? :dunno:
Yes, only on the coupe: $$ savings

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, thanks.

I don't find them unattractive, but had I know they were going to be there anyway I would have paid the extra $250 to have something functional under them!! :(

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
8,861 Posts
Ummm...

OK, thanks.

I don't find them unattractive, but had I know they were going to be there anyway I would have paid the extra $250 to have something functional under them!! :(
Those "covers" are not there unless you have the functional washers. Activate your windshield washers with your lights on and watch.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those "covers" are not there unless you have the functional washers. Activate your windshield washers with your lights on and watch.
Hmmm. OK, I'll give it a shot. But not this weekend. I just washed it and it is sleeping in the garage getting ready for a bunch of Zaino polish tomorrow.

The thing that is odd is that I definitely do not have the "ski bag" because I checked. So that would mean that I have heated seats and the headlight washers. So if I have headlight washers, essentially they gave me 2/3 of a Cold Weather Package!!!!!

Bizarre, but I'll take it. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
8,861 Posts
Sorry, I might be wrong :(

Hmmm. OK, I'll give it a shot. But not this weekend. I just washed it and it is sleeping in the garage getting ready for a bunch of Zaino polish tomorrow.

The thing that is odd is that I definitely do not have the "ski bag" because I checked. So that would mean that I have heated seats and the headlight washers. So if I have headlight washers, essentially they gave me 2/3 of a Cold Weather Package!!!!!

Bizarre, but I'll take it. :thumbup:
Well, I know for the sedan, the covers aren't there w/o the washers. I tried to find the coupe brochure online but did not see it this time. Anyway, maybe the coupe is different and the covers are always there -- sorry.

As far as using them, I rarely do. I hate the way the spray goes all over the hood. Sometimes if I need the windshield washers at night I quickly turn off the lights so the headlight washers aren't activated.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts