BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a link to upgrade the headlight bulbs? I***8217;m wanting 6000k bulbs unsure which ones I need. Thanks

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,536 Posts
Is changing color temperature ***8220;6000K***8221; an upgrade? Brightness is not correlated with color.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We***8217;ll just upgrading them to white bulbs that are actually white and not yellow to go with the angel eye upgrade I***8217;m doing

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Does anyone have a link to upgrade the headlight bulbs? I'm wanting 6000k bulbs unsure which ones I need. Thanks
There's not enough information to really be of help. You give no model/model year information or if you're referring to Halogen or Xenon/HID headlamps...and the facelift and prefacelift have two different Xenon/HID headlamp set-ups. The early models were offered with xenon/HID (low beams only)...the facelift models were offered with adaptive bi-xenon (uses same bulb for low & high beam)...see pic below.

Also, you may want to just do a simple google search to make sure you understand what Kelvin ratings are (because changing your bulbs to 6000k wouldn't be an "upgrade" regardless if halogen or HID).

Help us help you better...provide a bit more info as to what you have and where you want to go with your modification. :)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts