BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at my wits end. I have been searching the internet for an hour and can't find an answer. I got front and rear brake pads replaced today. On the way home realized that headlights were on. Checked the headlight control and it was on auto. It's the middle of the day and there is no reason for the headlights to be on. When I move the switch to off the headlights turn off, then when I go back to auto the daytime running lights turn off and the headlights turn back on. Any ideas?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Is it possible that your high beams are on unknowingly?

·
Registered
497 Posts
This sounds stupid but where is the sensor?
no such thing as stupid question, I wanna say the sensor is below the mirror. the only reason i asked this happened in different vehicle but that one was on the dash and i had some bills covering it, sensor thought it was always nightime. do you have anything hanging from the rear view mirror??

·
Registered
422 Posts
Any luck?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Make sure to clean your windshield on the outside particularly by the rear view mirrors. If all else fails, restart your car for the next day, and see if that helps.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the same issue. My lights never turn off if the car is running. If I set the light to off (0) the DRL are on, if I turn it one click to the left (Automatic) all headlights some come on and I know the high beams are not on (tail light are on too). I got rid of my fuzzy dice hanging from the RV mirror so that's not it. Maye broken sensor? How would one check for that?

I've owned my car for over a year and always thought they just stayed on. So basically if you have it on auto and its daytime you should only have the DRL on?

thanks,
Mack

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
If when u turn the car off the lights stay on could be a bad light control module. If you jump started the car recently you could have burnt it out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts