BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has probably been posted a million times, but I couldn't find exactly what I wanted.

I own an E36 328i Sedan.

How do I remove the headlights and corner lights from the car? Is it hard, or easy, and will I need any special tools.

I would like to put in a new set of headlights and corner lights, so any recommendations are much appreciated. I don't want to put in any lights that will require cutting the cars body. I live in CA, so lights must be available in the US and be california legal.

Also, What's the between xeon lights and the stock lights.

I also noticed the the stock corner lights are an orangish color, and the ones online seem to be white or clear. Does this matter. :rofl:

Thanks

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
First car bro?

4 bolts on each headlight. Corner is held in with a plastic tab, be CAREFUL removing it or it will snap. Remove corner before headlight.

Xenon (HID) are technically not legal unless your car came with it OEM. But no cop will hassle a BMW for it. Much brighter, if you want to know more about the differences just Google.

White/Smoked looks a lot better than amber. You just need to put an amber bulb in and it's totally legal.

DDMTuning.com!!! They're local as well, you could just go by and pick them up from them if you give them a call.

·
Yes, they're real!!!
1,538 Posts
...How do I remove the headlights and corner lights from the car?

...will I need any special tools...
A baseball bat works well! :D DDMtuning.com is in your area! G'luck! ;)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep

First car bro?
Yep, it's my first car, but I'm trying to learn as much as I can about mod's and upgrades. I'm studying auto design and all that stuff, so I am trying to learn as much as I can on the internet about this stuff.

I'm starting with easy stuff like lights, and then I would like to go into engine mods and suspension; you'll probably see me on here a lot.

Thanks for the help

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
For sure. If you need any help installing the lights let me know. I don't mind helping ya get them put in or anything since I did it about 10 times on my car trying to get them fixed after Umnita did a poor job on them.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
It's all easy except for actually squeezing the lights out. :rofl:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's all easy except for actually squeezing the lights out. :rofl:
What do you mean by, squeezing the lights out?

Thanks for the help.

·
I run as fast as my car.
2,568 Posts
When I took my headlights out to clean them, I was able to take the headlights off with the corners still attached... :dunno: nothing seemed broken.

But my lights still look like ass, I'm gonna get some angel eyes soon I hope. Paycheck tomorrow!

P.S. Chad, I think my friends and I are going to ruby skye either next weekend or the weekend after. Haha I told them about it and we are gonna make a drive up there. Kudos to you.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
What do you mean by, squeezing the lights out?

Thanks for the help.
Haha, once you get them unbolted it's a little tricky to actually put them in and out. I think the new ones are harder to get in, mostly. You'll have to wiggle it and play with it till you get the right angle. Basically, trial and error....:rofl: If anyone else has a good perfect method you should post it up.
P.S. Chad, I think my friends and I are going to ruby skye either next weekend or the weekend after. Haha I told them about it and we are gonna make a drive up there. Kudos to you.
Gee, thanks for waiting for me.... :p

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
:p I'm just messing with ya man.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
E36 Projector36 headlights ( HID and Angel Eyes Encluded )

I am looking at getting these headlights,

First, I assume they will work on my E36 328i Sedan, ( I found them in the E36 section ),

Second, Are they sold in pairs, It wouldn't make sense to buy them in signals, but I'm just checking.

·
Registered
482 Posts
E36 Projector36 headlights ( HID and Angel Eyes Encluded )

I am looking at getting these headlights,

First, I assume they will work on my E36 328i Sedan, ( I found them in the E36 section ),

Second, Are they sold in pairs, It wouldn't make sense to buy them in signals, but I'm just checking
yep and yep

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is there anything I should get in addition to the headlights, ( Like new bulbs or anything ) it looks like they come with new bulbs, because it gives you an option to on how many K's you want for the bulbs ( 3000K through 12000K ) What would you recommend? It says it comes with OEM halogen bulbs. Does it make sense to pay an extra 100 for the DDE ultra HD bulbs.

Thanks

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Ge the Gen4s and they come with HIDs. I recommend 5-6000K

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ge the Gen4s and they come with HIDs. I recommend 5-6000K
What do you mean by Gen4's are those a type of headlight, I looked on the DDM tuning site and I didn't see anything called the Gen 4's

Could you pose a link

Thanks

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
On the corner lights, there is an option for Clear or Smoked. Are smoked like the blacked out look?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions, thanks for all the help.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts