BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Headliner Fabric cleaning?

1159 6
:mad: The guy at the carwash must have put his dirty hand on the roof support while vacuuming. I noticed the mark on my beige interior after I drove off. How should I clean off what may be oily grime without making it worse? :dunno:
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
That stinks. I'd try the Detailing forum.
You live in Long Beach? I could bring you some special liquid for that if you want.
A Girlie Owner said:
:mad: The guy at the carwash must have put his dirty hand on the roof support while vacuuming. I noticed the mark on my beige interior after I drove off. How should I clean off what may be oily grime without making it worse? :dunno:
What's the liquid called? Perhaps I should just get it to keep on hand anyway.
Ok. The name is Folex. It is clear like a water and does not smell. The bad thing is you can't get it anywhere. I work at a hotel and thats where I got it from. It is a carpet and upholstery cleaner. But this thing works like crazy.
I have a similar problem with my headliner around the moonroof. I removed the moonroof sliding panel because one of the sliding clips broke and I haven't been able to replace it. Anyways, while removing it I got the headliner all dirty. I tried "Resolve" carpet cleaner and made it worse. Now I have what looks like water stains all around the headliner. I can't stand the site of it. I've been afraid of trying anything out of fear of making it worse. Looking for help too.....
I've had great luck with "Resolve" cleaners, they are designed for home use, but have served me well with my vehicles, they offer both "fabric & upholstery" and "carpet" cleaners, available at most grocery stores and chains such as Target, WalMart, etc.

saved my house upholstery and carpet many a time too :eek:
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.