BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Slip slidin around town
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we got a little bit of snow, I was driving up a little incline in some slushy snow and I started to slip the tires a little but in 1st gear, I let the engine speed reach about 4500rpm and then put the clutch in to shift gears and and heard a loud clunk coming from under the car? any ideas?

·
Humble E34 lover
5,519 Posts
Flex disc (guibo) perhaps ?

·
Slip slidin around town
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, I was thinking something with the drive line, seeing how the engine was speeding up really fast and then when I pushed in the clutch it made a popping sound. it only made it once, and it is driving fine now. I am just wondering if maybe this is something that I should be concerned about.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
I would definitely be concerned. I don't think it's the guibo, and the RTABs would kinda surprise me, but RSMs or diff mounts could be a possibility.

·
Slip slidin around town
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont think it came from the shock mounts. I sounded like it was coming from under the car, like when I pushed the clutch in it jolted or something, hard to explain.

·
Humble E34 lover
5,519 Posts
Next chance you get, crawl under it and take a good look around. You might be surprised at what you find and it may be something simple. Happened for me on a noise I thought was a bad center bearing.

Good luck :thumbup:

·
Slip slidin around town
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, sounds like a good plan. I think I will do that tomorrow if I get a chance.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
+1 on diff mounts but not sure on RSM... you should hear the clunking on RSMs while driving now if they have went...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts