BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· 19,585 Miles
11,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Snook (Steve Medina) mentioned this product on the Roadfly E46M3 board.
Like he did, I purchased mine from Summit Racing. Nice company to deal with. On your first order you get the product, hat, stickers and a $10 coupon for the next order.
The product is .027 inch thick. Easily cut and the adhesive sticks very well. Based on my experience, I would Sharpie black the edge to hide the fabric before applying.
I purchased this item for several things. One was for the airbox. I spent four hours doing the airbox. Only part that shows is shown in the pics.

· Learning to drive...
635 Posts
This is very cool. I was looking for something like this for a few things myself (airbox included :)).

Thanks Ron for pointing this out!

Florian

· A Clean Windshield
2,257 Posts
I bought this and used it in the dam between the CAI and the engine compartment. I had to remove it all because it seperated all around the edges and started seperating the layers. It started looking real ratty. :thumbdwn:

· 19,585 Miles
11,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bob lindquist said:
I bought this and used it in the dam between the CAI and the engine compartment. I had to remove it all because it seperated all around the edges and started seperating the layers. It started looking real ratty. :thumbdwn:
Mine still looks good after three days:). Will have to wait and see how it lasts long term.
Dale did some on his intake but not sure what brand he used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.