BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday was I believe the hottest day of the year and I had to make a trip up to Baltimore. 85 degrees in my parking garage, ~105 on the highway, and a brief ~115 in the tunnel under the harbor in Baltimore. I happened to use the windshield wiper cleaner switch at some point at low speeds, and when I got there I noticed the cover for the headlight washer was gone. Odd, really odd, no evidence of a tapped bumper or anything but I figured it could have happened at anytime and I might not have noticed.

When I left Baltimore I was parallel parked, and I did the normal reverse / forward / reverse thing with perfectly functional parking sensors. Getting home I go to back my car into my parking spot, and there's that really annoying BEEEEEP that happens when something is right up against the bumper. I get out to see, and there's just a small perfect hole where the sensor used to be. Again, no evidence of bumps.

One thing is just **** luck, but two is more than a coincidence and hard to swallow. Any thoughts?

2011 335is E93

·
Lost but making good time
'11 335xi; '03 330Ci
5,650 Posts
Any thoughts?
The headlight washer covers are a popular target for theft. They snap on to the washer jet but are fairly secure--I've never seen one just pop off.

Check inside the bumper cover for your missing sensor. I've little doubt that it fell/was pushed into the bumper, and is still connected and functional--hence the annoying BEEEEEEEEP, because it's sensing the proximity of the inside of the bumper cover.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts