BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some perspective, I'm used to my 2015 RAM 1500 and the heated steering wheel on that thing will get down right hot. On the other side of the spectrum, the X3 basically takes the slightest of chills off the wheel. Is this just the standard or should I expect more? Any known issues with the steering wheel heat?

Thanks
James

·
Registered
679 Posts
For some perspective, I'm used to my 2015 RAM 1500 and the heated steering wheel on that thing will get down right hot. On the other side of the spectrum, the X3 basically takes the slightest of chills off the wheel. Is this just the standard or should I expect more? Any known issues with the steering wheel heat?

Thanks
James
My 2005 X3 does not get extremely hot.

·
Registered
485 Posts

Thanks
James
None...i know it's normal :( even the heated seats are....ok.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Filing this one under "future mod potential" for now. There has to be a way to get more output but it's low priority going into spring.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Both the seats, and the steering wheel on the E83 seem to warm up quite quickly from a cold start.
That said, I've noticed the same thing: Once they are "warm", they're just lukewarm.

I believe BMW's philosophy was moreso to keep our asses and hands from freezing, rather than to coddle them warm.
Same thing applies to the E46 in my experience.

Now.. If I hop into my gf's Mazda 3, that seat will cook my ass medium-well! :D

·
Registered
976 Posts
It's obvious. My X3 seat heaters only go up to 3 but my Touareg's go up to 5.

Ergo they are hotter :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts