BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My blower stopped working, and I went through the usual trouble shooting. I checked the fuses 75&76(pain in the ass location), but all was good. I saw a video that say to also check #28, but that’s was an empty slot and was do a diesel model anyways. But it does seem that the vents are cycling! Are they also controlled by the FSU?? Since all else was fine, I see not other alternative but to switch it out so the fan works. Had it change a few years back. Everything else seems to be where it belongs, nothing mysteriously disconnect for the vent mechanism!! Anyone have any experienced advise?

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
15,211 Posts
I posted a DIY Troubleshooting guide a while back for FSU vs Blower Motor.
You can search for it.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
The FSU only controls the blower speed, based on the command from the IHKA panel. The FSU does not last forever. Plan on 7 years.

·
Under the lift arms
12,964 Posts
Im playing with fire..

15 year old battery..

Original FSU

2001-2019

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The FSU only controls the blower speed, based on the command from the IHKA panel. The FSU does not last forever. Plan on 7 years.

I have changed the FSU before, but fan stopped working again so I am going to change it out again. But I don’t seem to be able to select between the vents!

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts