BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. New to the E46 forum. Have been on the E36 for a while. Just picked up a 99 328i. Has an intermittent heating issue. It will blow warm air as the car is moving, but when I stop at a light it gets really cold. I searched and couldn't find this issue, although I did see it somewhere the other day but it might have been in another forum. I'd appreciate any help. It's not any kind of thermostat issue. The temp guage on the car never moves.
Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow... could have just posted, "Hi I'm new and an idiot!!" Bought the car without any knowledge of the history, so I planned to replace all the fluids over the weekend. So, I didn't even check them before I asked the question. Thanks for the info. It was spot on. Low coolant. Added some and heater works great.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You should have checked them all before you bought the car!
Yea...Probably so. Had to make a fairly quick decision so I checked for leaks and any major engine or transmission issues. Got into it cheap enough that I figured I could put about $3000 in it if I needed to.

·
catso
3,163 Posts
Wow... could have just posted, "Hi I'm new and an idiot!!" Bought the car without any knowledge of the history, so I planned to replace all the fluids over the weekend. So, I didn't even check them before I asked the question. Thanks for the info. It was spot on. Low coolant. Added some and heater works great.
Now you have to figure out why it was low on coolant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.