BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weird problem on my 30i
Sorry about the long winded problem description

A while ago I started getting the coolant low warning every few weeks or so, added coolant it was OK for a while. One mechanic replaced one of the hoses. It seemed to slow the leak down to once a month or so. But still getting the coolant low alarm top it up etc.
Then it got worse, so another guy I know from a long time, replaced the radiator Bingo problem fixed.
However at the same time I was getting the coolant leak the heating / cooling started doing its own thing.

I normally manually use the heating/cooling everyone says use the automatic climate control, but manually setting the temperature settings worked fine until the coolant leak started.

Scenarios
(1) Outside Temperature Cold - Set the temperature to the highest value still cool air coming out of the vents, even though I adjust the Ventilation Temperature to RED (Hot) does not seem to make any difference
(2) Outside Temperature Cold or Hot - After Driving the car for a while, I stop and then get back into it, there will always be warm air coming out of the vents, even if I set the temperature to the lowest setting or setting the Ventilation Temperature to Cold (BLUE) warm air comes out until I put the AC on manually. Sounds like a problem with the Residual air staying on ?
(3) Outside Temperature Warm/Hot -Set the temperature to the lowest value still warm air coming out of the vents, there will always be warm air coming out of the vents, even if I set the temperature to the lowest setting or setting the Ventilation Temperature to Cold (BLUE) warm air comes out until I put the AC on manually. Sounds like a problem with the Residual air staying on ?

Anyone has had a similar problem and how did you resolve it

Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts