BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Julian Locatelli
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to replace my computer once, Carwash flood my driverside floor and the computer box. Last time i took to long to adress and shorted out. This time my wife forgot :thumbdwn:and happen again but she was smart:thumbup: to tow the car to home wrightway and took the computer apart blasted with air, and dw40 and air again till dry... and she drives as it did before... so I wonder if i could make waterproof with acouple of layers shrink wrap or does it need to breathe??? anyone?

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
My belief in dealing with many many computers, isn't that it needs to breathe, so much as it will overheat. I could be wrong...
however if you do a quick search here or on google, will net you a plethora of threads on how to correctly seal your dme bay. It was a known issue that BMW re-engineered for the 95s.

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
one sec, I'll look...

·
Julian Locatelli
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jonesin I spend alot of time taking my car aprat and so far no signs of any elbo or drain behind my eng or on windshield... If you have the time please look at my garage for photos. maybe you will see what, and where the article tells me to unclogge the drains as I cant find it.
Thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts