Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BMW-Porsche-Mustang-Nut
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! How has everyone been? Busy?

I just got back from our Press Conference in D.C. where we announced the start of our 2-year investigation into the response of the WTC structures to the attacks last Sept.

Once again, I hauled ~600lbs of steel 'coupons' down to NIST from NYC in my E46 so we'd have them all together for testing and analysis.

I'm attaching a picture I took of the NIST Director (Arden Bement) and Dr. Shyam Sunder standing next to one of the pieces of steel I found and saved for the study. This piece came from the area where the nose of the 767 entered Tower 1.

Hope everyone is well. For anyone who hasn't made plans for this Sept. 11th, I suggest that if you have a personal day coming, take it to spend the day with your families. It's a good way to remember those who can't.

Ausgang

Attachments

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I wish I had pictures of it, but the town next to where I work (Dover NJ) has created a WTC memorial. Someone carved a 13 foot tall likeness of the twin towers with incredible detail. They started with a 15 foot tree trunk, carved, and painted the towers. It even has a scaled version of the TV antenna on one tower.

Then about a week ago they added two pieces of the structural steel from the real towers to the memorial (about 6 foot pieces) and, like, overnight the powerful effect of the memorial completely changed to something much more somber...

The memorial is sponcered by the local Elks club, but, I wonder how they obtained the steel???

I PROMISE i'll take some picturtes of it and post to this thread this weekend.

It is really a sight to see...Doug

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Ok it took a little longer to get the pictures, and, unfortunatly the weather is not so nice today. very cloudy..

The first picture is of the carved towers, too bad a got some of the wtc metal n the picture too, I wanted to show that later for effect.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
remember this statue is over 13 feet high. Last week they finished adding the two pieces from the WTC building to the memorial. (the town workers are still trying to finish the park, I think it is being dedicated on the aniversary of 9/11)

Attachments

·
BMW-Porsche-Mustang-Nut
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice memorial. I'm trying to get this piece a home right now

That's a very well constructed memorial. One quick glance at those two pieces of steel and I can tell you everything about where they originally used.

The attached picture is a really big piece I sat aside and am hoping will find a home soon, perhaps along the Hudson River near the NY Waterway entrance.

Have a great weekend.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,052 Posts
They have a Sept 11 Memorial at Penn Station NYC:

It's titled "Sept 12th" and is sponsored by Amtrak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts