BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Due to my recent purchase of a second hand 1997 528i i have decided to enrol to this site since it seems that i will need your very much appreciated assistance for certain (unforeseen) issues with my baby.

Although she has been at me for 2 weeks i have only driven her once (lack of time since i am lucky enough to live on a small island -Malta - and i walk to work!)

So far i have used this site for a couple of issues which i think i can solve alone once the parts arrive!

1) Rear electric window jammed - i found that the issue was not a the usual regulator issue but the metal wires completely screwed - in a knot! - I ordered the DIY regulator fix and the whole regulator replacement kit.

2) External temperature stuck to 50 degrees Celsius - that means that something is wrong with the temp sensor under the front bumper - indeed it was missing and someone crimped the terminals together - nice!! This should also explain why the AC does not blow any hot air! Sensor has also been ordered.

3) Missing and broken rear cup holders - replacement on the way.

4) Rear blinds do not work - so far haven't found any form of replacement

5) Possible oil leak but not sure. Not that i have actually seen any drops but there seems to be some spill on the splash guard which could be an old residue of some over spill. I have check it out in due course.

Anyway, well done for the good work on this forum, it really does make a difference when such things can be shared.

Attached should be a pic of ma lady.

Cheers,
Kirk

Attachments

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Hello and Welcome :hi:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts