BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup all...I put in an order a few weeks ago for a 330ci. It's now status 112 with estimated build date of 7/12. The wait is killing me, but I'm sure it'll be worth the agony! This is my second new car and my first Bimmer. I went back and forth between the 330 and an E36 M3, and finally decided on the new car.

My plan is to leave all of the performance parts stock until I'm comfortable autocrossing/tracking it, which should take me a year at most. Then it's time to look into suspension and power adders. Looks like there's some good info here; hopefully I can waste some time here and make my wait less painful. :D

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Welcome:D

The wait isn't really that lllllllllllloooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg:yikes:

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad to be here :)

Here's what I got:

Topaz Blue w/ black leather

Premium
Sports
Cold Weather
Bi-Xenon

Pretty much loaded except for nav and PDC. I actually didn't want the full CWP at first (just wanted heated seats), but decided to get the whole thing after looking at the price difference.

G

·
Re: Re: Hello everyone, I'm new...

Patrick 320d said:

Oops. Better not mention that to TD ...

:D :D :D

Welcome, and enjoy the wait!

Patrick
Hey, I was in the same situation and picked the 330i SP. I figured go with the new car.

I can't fault him. And hopefully he's happy with it when he gets it.

For me, it was a costly mistake.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Hello everyone, I'm new...

TD said:

For me, it was a costly mistake.
:D TD, think of it this way. You helped me stop on my tracks from ordering a 2001. At that time, I was almost going to trade in my 323i for a 330.

So, I owe you a beer or something.

[edit: Welcome Jet!]

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey TD...I hope I don't end up doing the same! ;)

Say, I just noticed your NCCBMWCCA sig pic. I live in Sterling - do you autocross around here?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Jetfire said:
I went back and forth between the 330 and an E36 M3, and finally decided on the new car.
This is probably the most common comparo done on this board. I went through it 19 months ago!! At that time a primo E36 M3 was even a couple of grand more then a new 330ci. I was looking at a 99 black coupe with 4,000 miles on it for 44,000. I almost drove it off the lot, but I went home to think about it and the next day it was gone. Ended up with my OB 330ci and I am still VERY pleased with my choice. (Whatever TD says!!) :lmao:

·
10,856 Posts
Jetfire said:

Say, I just noticed your NCCBMWCCA sig pic. I live in Sterling - do you autocross around here?
TD, CD-55, Clyde325xiT, Pinecone, JST and I all go the the NCC autoxes... (Hope I'm not leaving anyone out!) Clyde and I are EASY to spot. Just say hi to the guys with the 3'er Tourings and you'll find us. :D

G

·
Jetfire said:

See Nick's reply.

So far, I'm only going to the NCC autox-es. But CD-55, JST and SteveMD (a less frequent poster here) have been hitting other local SCCA autox-es as well. I may start doing that too, but it becomes an issue of time with me. Roughkly one NCC autox a month works out well.

As for dumping your 330... just don't test drive an E36 M3 after you get your car and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I love the color combo, you will love Topaz. Just watch out for the curse! Any ways, congrats and don't forget to bother BMW every day for status. It helps make the wait shorter. :thumbup:

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Trance, what's "the curse?"

I've been to a handful of autocrosses in the past couple of years. If you're familiar with the local offerings, I'm friends with several people on Team Salazar. I see lots of E36 M3s as a result. :p Matter of fact, I drove one recently and was VERY impressed.

At this moment, though, the only thing that would drive me to the M right now is the wait. It's only 6 weeks from now, but it's still killin' me. :banghead:

·
Registered
954 Posts
The 'Topaz curse' is random accidents that seem to occur to everyone who gets Topaz. Maybe we are just accident prone, then again maybe it is a curse ...

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Lil Raja and his brother also live nearby in Herndon. They were both were in at least one NCC autoX this year.

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey CD-55, thanks for the links and info. Like I said, I'm familiar with MWCSCC and DCSCCA, but I've never been to a BMWCCA event before. Once I break in the new car, it's off the races I go...and according to the schedules, I should be able to fit in plenty of events before the season ends in November. There are rumors of a winter series down here as well; I went up to a Philly club event a year or two ago in January, and that was a blast.

Where in Sterling do you live? Feel free to PM if you wish.

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
good luck and congrats to you, i hope you have 0 problems, most of us have excellent experiences, yet the wait is horrible, i just got my 330ci a little over a month ago, and my wait sucked too. well met and have fun

1 - 20 of 20 Posts