BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 550 N63 which I've had almost a year and only driven about 1000 miles. When I purchased I ran the carfax and no recalls came up because I found out painfully later that the CCP was named to hide the recall term. A month after the purchase a couple injectors appear to have gone bad and the BMW is refusing to replace. I don't need to drive the car which is helping me to stay persistent with BMW but now I'm to the point where I'm going to make this my "work on" vehicle. I've purchased the software for diagnostics and programming and feel like I'm getting back to the good ole days where I rebuilt engines and upgraded components. I'm not done going after BMW because it doesn't seem right for so many owners to have gone through these types of problems since they purchased the N63 new. I'm just a one year owner and feel "duped". Take care.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Welcome! If you need help with your N63 550 find your way to our F10 5 Series forum. Let me know if you need a point in the right direction.

Tim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel Injecgtors

Thanks Tim. I originally purchased this to get more out of it for business use, but now it will probably end up being a hobby unfortunately. It's been through the CCP, but there are two (5-6) injectors that I'm being told by the dealer that need replacing. I've only put 1000 miles on it for the year, so I don't mind if this takes a while. Is there something out there that will show me how to get to the injectors and then remove? I have the special tools coming but thought I would send the injectors off for repair but am open to replacement so I can insure they are correctly indexed. There are some good youtube videos for other engines but with the turbo coolant lines on top etc, it sure would help.

Thanks,
Bryan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts