Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Im a proud 325xi owner from Michigan and I'm looking to upgrade to a 330xi, but want to retrofit all my facelift stuff onto the 01 330xi. Hopefully I can find some help here. If you guys know anything about this stuff, specifically swapping bi-xenon housing and lights into single xenon or halogen housing and lights, let me know.

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
Hi and welcome to Bimmerfest :wave:.

I'm not sure of the years your cars are but take a look at this link, it lists the 3 series forums so just pick the right one for you. By and large the things like body panels such as front and rear bumpers are usually able to be fitted although sometimes you may need to do some trimming here and there, this goes for the majority of the BMW line up, I'm not so sure about the lights as I have no experience with the 3 series but if the housings are identical and they fit straight in then you'll need to get the BMW software such as ISTA, these software suites come with various other software like NCS Expert, Tools 32, WinKFP etc which will help you code the different lights in (the car needs to be "told" so to speak what lights it has in order for them to work.

Here's a link to the Coding and Programming forum, they'll be able to help tell you what needs changing, if you've not used the software before though I'd get used to it first before attempting this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts