BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a lot of posts and DIY's on the window regulator problem - I have the regulator problem with my rear driver's side window, so I know this is different - and more of a problem.

My AC is out, so I've been rolling my window all the way down. When I parked my car at the office and tried to roll the window back up today nothing happened. I can hear a faint click, but the motor doesn't seem to be running. The other windows work as they should. Is the driver's side on a separate fuse or something? I doubt that since I do hear a click. I hear a faint click and that's it. The window doesn't move - and it's all the way in the down position.

Before I go tearing the door panel apart, I thought I'd check to see if any of you know a first step troubleshooting way of determining why the motor doesn't seem to be running when I press the button.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright - I've had it - this car is messing with me.

I really begin to wonder if this car is telling me to get the heck out of here. Sell it and be done with it. I fiddled with the electric driver side window switch for about 15 minutes last night. Checked all the fuses and experimented with removing the door panel. It was dark, so I decided to save that for another time.

This morning I got in the car, started it up and tried the window hoping it might magically work - no luck. I rolled my sun roof and passenger window down half-way (My AC is out), and got on my way. I was going about 40MPH and for some reason thought I'd try the window again - VOILA! It worked. :rofl:I tried rolling down, but only part way (didn't want to push my luck).. It went right down and back up again and continues to work with no problem.

The car this year has gotten a new transmission, a new radiator, new water pump and thermostat. Differential service. The engine runs great, but the window is a reminder of the kinds of things that go wrong with old cars and I just don't have the time and patience to give it the TLC anymore.

I'm seriously thinking about taking this down to a dealer and making a deal on a lease for a Honda Accord. For now, I'm celebrating the window works again!:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.