BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get to the root of my problem I have the following codes from my Peak R5 Table 15 EE, FO, F3,EF,F1 which are all misfires from cyl #1-6, also E3 & E4 O2 Sensor adaptation limit cyl 1-3 & 4-6, code 9A Pre Cat sensor short to ground cyl 4-6
codes CA & CB O2 sensor control limit cyl 1-3 & 4-6, a

HELP- I have already replaced the O2 Sensors 4000 miles ago, recently replaced the coil packs and plugs this past week and intake gasket , and still the codes remain anybody know what else my problems might be???? Or what I might try? the Car has 211,000 miles

still have all the above codes and the car idles rough and hesitates on take off.:(:bawling:

· Keeping it surreal
43,843 Posts
You`re probably experiencing the results of failed VANOS seals (assuming yours havent` been replaced recently). IIRC, `99 was the transition year when they changed over from single VANOS to double, so you`ll have to check your production date. Double VANOS is actually the easier one to repair. It`s a bit time-consuming (4 to 6 hours is typical), and requires attention to detail, but it comes with excellent instructions, and IS doable for the typical shadetree mechanic.

Call Rajaie at Beisan Systems (they manufacture the seal kits) if you have any doubts or questions.

· Registered
15,976 Posts
Multiple misfires can be caused by clogged cats. If yours are original, they are suspect.

VANOS seals are a must, in any event.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks VANOS seals were done 18 Months ago, BMW mechanic suggested driving it for ahwile to blow out the O2 sensors as they may be dirty? Doesn't sound right, but I just got back from a weekend trip and drove over 500 miles and still get the same fault codes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.