Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a new key last month. Stealer didn't know how to program. They just gave me the key and wished me well.

When programming, do both new and old... Or in your case both old keys. I used Nathan's DIY video tutorial. You don't have to be fast.

https://youtu.be/xVWjQMKvPyQ

·
Registered
12,073 Posts
How do I reset 1 key fob or do I have to reset both and if so how there must be an easier way I'm not that fast View attachment 823007

Sent from my SM-T387V using Bimmerfest mobile app
Having difficulty getting both programed in the aloted time

Thanks for revealing that you may have limited mobility...but what is your interpretation/description of "allotted time"?

Once you've done the 1st remote...you have 30 seconds to pick-up the 2nd remote and start pressing the buttons (as mentioned in STEPS 3 & 6 below).

TIPS:
  • Only turn the ignition to KL R (ignition position 1)...not position 2 or engine running (programming will fail)
  • You DO NOT insert the 2nd remote into the ignition....only the 1st remote.
  • Make sure ALL doors are UNLOCKED
  • Make sure ALL doors are CLOSED
  • Remote needs to have a charge above 2.6 volts

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for revealing that you may have limited mobility...but what is your interpretation/description of "allotted time"?

Once you've done the 1st remote...you have 30 seconds to pick-up the 2nd remote and start pressing the buttons (as mentioned in STEPS 3 & 6 below).

TIPS:
  • Only turn the ignition to KL R (ignition position 1)...not position 2 or engine running (programming will fail)
  • You DO NOT insert the 2nd remote into the ignition....only the 1st remote.
  • Make sure ALL doors are UNLOCKED
  • Make sure ALL doors are CLOSED
  • Remote needs to have a charge above 2.6 volts
Ok I thought they both had to be inserted ty so much that explains alot lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts