BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys :)

im very happy to join your serious forum Community!

i have BMW 735I 2003 YEAR, i have 2 remote keys like that
http://www.bimmernav.com/store/catalog/images/3btnkeyfob.jpg

This old keys that you can not open them to replace battery
but one of them the older of them I could open and i see the battery
LIR2032 LION RECHARGABLE BATTERY.
if i buy new like this from ebay and put in its work??

my problems with my keys the old key it i opening Does not work completely not open the car and not close the car.

and the other key New ones of them not open the car. but only close the car
if I bring him back window but if i try to close
From a distance of One - two meters from the car is not closing

desperate :eek: im very happy if you help me

thanks guys :thumbup:_a__a2_

·
Registered
380 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

First, why do you want to replace the battery? it recharges when you insert and drive and these are special batteries that need to be soldered to the unit, I would not recommend replacing them.

Second,if you bought the new keys from other place they will not work,only dealer can sell you keys that are programmed for your car.
To open the car,remove the metal key and insert into the door handle and open. Next insert them back and put the FOB key into the key hole and it should recognize the key and re-charge the battery.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum!

First, why do you want to replace the battery? it recharges when you insert and drive and these are special batteries that need to be soldered to the unit, I would not recommend replacing them.

Second,if you bought the new keys from other place they will not work,only dealer can sell you keys that are programmed for your car.
To open the car,remove the metal key and insert into the door handle and open. Next insert them back and put the FOB key into the key hole and it should recognize the key and re-charge the battery.
First thanks for the help!
I want to change the battery becuse
One of them from the key not work not open and not close the car.
And one of them only close the car if the key close to back window.

So I thought that the batteries are weak ..
I take the key only to open the driver's door and then put the smart key at the helm but still the car was not locked from the key and not opened..

Maybe have way to recognized the key to car ? I'm happy if you explain me how to do that

Thanks ! Again

·
Registered
380 Posts
Is the key original when you purchased the car? and when you insert into the car does the dash read "remote recognized" I think that what it says when I insert my key each time. I think you have issues with the CAS access module, try to get the error codes and post here.

Does your car start and drive? can you post a pic of the dash? I think you may have to have to re-program the keys.

·
CRISP & CLEAN
4,154 Posts
hello guys :)

im very happy to join your serious forum Community!

i have BMW 735I 2003 YEAR, i have 2 remote keys like that
http://www.bimmernav.com/store/catalog/images/3btnkeyfob.jpg

This old keys that you can not open them to replace battery
but one of them the older of them I could open and i see the battery
LIR2032 LION RECHARGABLE BATTERY.
if i buy new like this from ebay and put in its work??

my problems with my keys the old key it i opening Does not work completely not open the car and not close the car.

and the other key New ones of them not open the car. but only close the car
if I bring him back window but if i try to close
From a distance of One - two meters from the car is not closing

desperate :eek: im very happy if you help me

thanks guys :thumbup:_a__a2_
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599540

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the key original when you purchased the car? and when you insert into the car does the dash read "remote recognized" I think that what it says when I insert my key each time. I think you have issues with the CAS access module, try to get the error codes and post here.

Does your car start and drive? can you post a pic of the dash? I think you may have to have to re-program the keys.
hey friend, yes its 2 keys original

if i put the key in and turn on the engine the dashbord regular, i dont see "remote recognized"
or something

where i see error codes? i dont see error codes in Dashboards

But how do you explain it
Only one key It looks newer. Closing the car only but not open.,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey again... :)

Just add something

i go to the car now and put the smart key after press the start engine without leg on brake.. and i see in dashboard recharge baterry and after i see
recharge baterry in remote key. And then it alerts disappears

What it means?

Perhaps because the battery is not charged
I can not open the car from remote key?

what i need to do? thank guts for all

·
Registered
380 Posts
Let's go with step 1:
If you get the "recharge battery"message means that the battery is low, start the car and go for a drive, the main battery and the car battery will recharge.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let's go with step 1:
If you get the "recharge battery"message means that the battery is low, start the car and go for a drive, the main battery and the car battery will recharge.
I did drive the car for an one hour + yesterday in a row ..

·
Registered
380 Posts
Then it could be that the contact inside the remote is broken and the battery is not charging. Also, the open button is not making contact.

Open the key unit and check inside for any broken solder contact. With the open unit try pressing the open button and see if it works.
I had the same issue where the solder between the battery and the circuit board was broken and just re-soldered with a thin wire connecting the circuit board and battery. It's easy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Then it could be that the contact inside the remote is broken and the battery is not charging. Also, the open button is not making contact.

Open the key unit and check inside for any broken solder contact. With the open unit try pressing the open button and see if it works.
I had the same issue where the solder between the battery and the circuit board was broken and just re-soldered with a thin wire connecting the circuit board and battery. It's easy.
So you're saying we should open the key
(It closes the vehicle but did not open it) and see if disconnected solders?

What's the best way to open the key without breaking?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I used a sharp knife and screw driver to open the unit, if you damage the outer cover / shell you can use or buy a replacement.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I used a sharp knife and screw driver to open the unit, if you damage the outer cover / shell you can use or buy a replacement.
king.
thanks you helped me alot

i open the smart key and i see inside Button - for opening ran out from soldering
i weld it again and the key work good.
You know, but why only when I pressed the remote to the back window of the car the key is work.
If he just one meter from the car is no longer receiving

·
Registered
215 Posts
I had a e39 before this car and I had a similar problem with the keys - you had to cut the key apart and then resolder a new battery in, simple enough and I am sure as these cars get older they will need the battery replacing (normally one key goes first as it does not get charged or used as often - in the e39 manual it tells you to use the key at least once a year to charge it)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts