BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the projectors is stuck.

Anything I can do? I thought I read the adaptive module is easily accessable attached to the inner part of the headlight assembly and haven't checked that yet, could be loose?

Would unplugging it altogether help? Any crazy remedies or rituals to go through.... I just need it to point straight, not worried if the adaptive part functions for now until I get it fixed..

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is first man, I've never seen that happen before but I would just take time to take off the parts behind the light see if it's anyway I could move it or just try unplugging it doing a reset I guess and then plug it bag an see if moves. That's would I do bro, good luck man. Repose when fixed just in case someone else have the same problem we can refer back to this cause this is a rare one.

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Luckily the driver side is easier to access.. I popped off the light cover and tried to force it straight, it wasn't having that.

I wouldn't really care if A) I'm sure it's blinding oncoming traffic and B) it didn't look hilarious.

Going to swing by my indy next week, considering I just got it back from him 2 weeks ago (guibo).

The light levels up/down when I start it though..

·
Tirona
604 Posts
Luckily the driver side is easier to access.. I popped off the light cover and tried to force it straight, it wasn't having that.

I wouldn't really care if A) I'm sure it's blinding oncoming traffic and B) it didn't look hilarious.

Going to swing by my indy next week, considering I just got it back from him 2 weeks ago (guibo).

The light levels up/down when I start it though..
It does that because that's the safety mode. Its a way to protect the headlight cuz something is wrong with it. Its probably the ALC module. Or you need to reprogram the module. Don't try to force it straight because you going to break the motor inside the headlight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts