Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom is short @5ft 2in and in her 70's. She recently bought a used 2017 330i and I'm surprised the seat height does not go high enough for her. Her eye level is slightly over the dash/speedometer. I also feel bad, that her elbow doesn't reach the arm rest because her chair is pushed forward so her feet can comfortable reach the pedals. As a result, she drives granny style, with both hands gripping the top of the steering wheel.

I'm not sure what the proper terminology is but she does have a booster cushion, but it barely gives any sort of true height advantage. What do you guys recommend for her situation? Please don't suggest getting a different car. That's not an option at the moment, and she really enjoys the overall handling of the 3
series.

I'm looking online at adult booster seats, but most of them look like they compress too much with cushioning and only offer marginal height improvement.

·
Spelling Impaired
5,656 Posts
Will she fit in a child's booster seat? Due to laws requiring larger children to be in boosters, there might be one large enough for use by a small adult.

I had a somewhat similar situation when my parents visited this winter. My mother is 4'10" and could go barely see out the side windows of my 4-series. I'm pretty sure she'd fit in a large child's booster.

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
My wife is 5ft and has similar issues obviously. That is why first thing she does when purchasing different vehicle is seating and viewing position. I am not sure how you are going to remedy this in a safe and comfortable way.
I know you said other vehicle is not an option, but in reality it is only long term solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts