1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all .....
BMW E39 528i 1997
I apologize for my many questions ...
I have a problem when I open the radiator cover I hear the sound of the air exit and a little liquid level ...
When I do the system I do not see any bubbles graduated from the screw bleeding ...
There are no effects of leak on the car
... one of the young people noted that I change the tenses ... What do you think of clarify that the tests you installed 3 years ago is running on the temperature of 71C -159.8F and when testing Test 7.0 indicates 80C heat read at the height of the operating

·
Registered
887 Posts
Excess pressure in the cooling system and low coolant levels CAN come from a failed head gasket. To check, run the car during the day. let it sit overnight. the next morning remove each of the spark plugs and with a paper towel taped to a piece of flexible tube, see if there is coolant in any cylinder.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excess pressure in the cooling system and low coolant levels CAN come from a failed head gasket. To check, run the car during the day. let it sit overnight. the next morning remove each of the spark plugs and with a paper towel taped to a piece of flexible tube, see if there is coolant in any cylinder.
I removed the spark plugs and there is no trace of liquid and it looks completely dry

·
Registered
887 Posts
You won't be able to "see" the coolant by looking in spark plug hole with a flashlight if that's what you did. This is because the cylinders (and engine) are slanted at an angle. The coolant will collect on one side of the piston. You need to use a piece of flex hose with a paper towel on it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You won't be able to "see" the coolant by looking in spark plug hole with a flashlight if that's what you did. This is because the cylinders (and engine) are slanted at an angle. The coolant will collect on one side of the piston. You need to use a piece of flex hose with a paper towel on it.
Well, I will repeat the detection as you indicated and I will use tools that will serve the purpose

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
What is a "radiator cover?"

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have figured out why the air comes out when the coolant cap is opened and the fluid level rises.
It was the bad type of coolant... I hope it helps and thank you for your interaction and ideas🤝

·
Registered
887 Posts
I have figured out why the air comes out when the coolant cap is opened and the fluid level rises.
It was the bad type of coolant... I hope it helps and thank you for your interaction and ideas🤝
Huh? the wrong the type of coolant can do many things, but it generally does not cause extra pressure.

What was in there?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Huh? the wrong the type of coolant can do many things, but it generally does not cause extra pressure.

What was in there?
This is the only reason that almost drove me crazy....
I changed the coolant and bled air from the system and took it for a ride...
The next day I opened it to check the level of the fluid and found the fluid had decreased a little (normal when all the fluid is drained)
I opened the cap and did The presence of any pressure and the fluid did not rise👌

1 - 11 of 11 Posts