Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I***8217;ve been leaking brake fluid and I couldn***8217;t pinpoint where it***8217;s was leaking until I saw a plume of smoke from the passenger side of the engine bay when I parked the other day. I inspected the area and found this hose(refer to pic) spitting out brake fluid when the brake pedal was engaged. I***8217;m having a hard time figuring out what the exact part is.

The bmw parts guy at my local dealership told me it was BMW pipeline with pressure hose, but the part that was sent to me is similar but not the correct part. I need the part second from left in the attached picture. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
935 Posts
That damn hose is leaking in my car also. And I don't know if it is possible to change it without removing the engine...(?)
The break fluid has eaten up all the paint underneath in the engine bay so I will have to repaint that to prevent corrosion.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
215 Posts
it only looks like standard brake pipe - if you can not get the correct part you could cut and connect the new rubber part in using a brake pipe flaring kit ?

·
Sick Puppy Motorwerks
436 Posts
If you can remove the hose/pipe from your car, find a hydraulic hose shop and ask them to put in a new rubber hose - shouldn't cost you more than $15-$20 and take less than an hour to do it. I replace all of my BMW hose like this since BMW probably wants a couple hundred dollars for this hose.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you can remove the hose/pipe from your car, find a hydraulic hose shop and ask them to put in a new rubber hose - shouldn't cost you more than $15-$20 and take less than an hour to do it. I replace all of my BMW hose like this since BMW probably wants a couple hundred dollars for this hose.
Great advice! I might try that. I bought the part pictured on amazon after taking to the local parts manager at the BMW dealership. It was $55. I think it***8217;s the line/hose to the rear and I need the 2nd from left. Thanks again, for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts