BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was just looking around for an e60 bmw, and came up with a 2004 545ia for $3250. I e-mailed the guy, and surprisingly I got a response. Here is what he replied to me. A few things I read raised a quite big red flag! :eek:
What do you guys think?

"Hello there,

The car is still available. 2004 BMW 545i - Mileage : 98,250 - Exterior Color: Black , Interior Color: Black, Transmission: Automatic, Leather Seats, Power Seats, Bucket Seats, Heated Seats, CD Changer, Child Safety Locks, Air conditioning, Power Windows, Key less Entry, Climate Control, Power Locks. The vehicle has been well taken care of, always kept in the garage. Flawless exterior/interior condition, no scratches, no dents, accident-free, full service history, no outstanding finance. The car is paid off and has a clear title.

The vehicle is located in Helena, MT and if you are not from Montana my wife will be taking care of the shipping and it will be delivered within 3-5 days, depending on your location. Also i can ship you the vehicle for free anywhere in USA. I am a Sergeant in the US army and my battalion has been transferred to United Kingdom for a 6 months experience change program.

Final price is $3,250 shipping included, and all the documents will be provided along with it. If you are interested to make the deal we will use eBay Seller / Buyer Protection Program to secure our deal because it protects both buyer and seller. You send the money to eBay and they hold the payment until the vehicle arrives. You have 7 days to inspect it and I get the money after you make sure everything is OK and decide to keep it. After you decide to keep the vehicle eBay will wire me the money. If you don't like the vehicle and want to return it, I will pay the return shipping and you will be 100% refunded by eBay. I'm sure it won't be the case because it's a good vehicle.

If you wish to buy and you have the money ready for the car at the time you are reading this email, please reply with your Full Name, Shipping Address and Phone Number so I can register the transaction with eBay. After that eBay will send you the payment instruction.

Thank you,
Alex Russell

P.S. My father will go through a kidney operation and the health insurance won't cover the expenses of this surgery. The time is short and that's the only reason I dropped the price on the car. With no disrespect, please reply only if you have the money ready, so we can seal this deal. Here is a photo gallery with the car: https://picasaweb.google.com/108508...authkey=Gv1sRgCJPNsuW0hfr55AE&feat=directlink "

· Registered
120 Posts
SPAMMMMMM just send me the money youll get a car!

· Registered
'17 540i MSport, '17 X5 35i, '04 325i
363 Posts
Definitely a scam. Think about it... He could take the car to any dealer anywhere and get more than what he's asking for it. He probably found those pictures on Autotrader or Ebay. Walk away now!

· Registered
1,262 Posts
Hey, sounds like a great deal!

I talked to my cousin, who happens to live in Helena, MT and he is very interested in the vehicle and would like to meet your wife to take a look at the car and give her cash on the spot (I assume she has the title to the vehicle). My cousin's information is listed below:

Troy McGee
Chief of Police, City of Helena
221 Breckenridge
Helena, MT 59601
(406) 447-8479

And tell your Dad best wishes for a speedy recovery!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.