BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am in Chicago right now on business on just got a call from the dealer that my car finally arrived from the VDC.

In the Don Pasquale thread I wrote that Jessica from BMW ED (who has been absolutely wonderful by the way) contacted me last Wednesday and said that during shipping my car's front bumper was scratched. So she said that VDC was going to put on a brand new front bumper instead of repairing it.

Fast forward to today, I get a call from the dealer and he said that I can pick the car up on Friday but the front bumper is scratched by the driver's side reflector.

What do I do? What happens from here? I emailed Jessica but I guess she isn't available since it is already 7PM in NJ and she's probably left for the day.

I'm furious right now as I'm in Chicago and really do not want to pick up the car when its damaged. All the meanwhile I'm making the monthly lease payments.

Please help.

Thanks,

Dmitriy.

· Liverpudlian at heart
557 Posts
Ask the dealer to send it directly to their body shop for repairs and remind them it is an ED vehicle covered by Allianz Insurance or E.H Harm's shipping insurances according to when the damage occurred. Repairs will commence while you are on your business trip. Collect the car 2-3 days late tops.

I don't know what happened behind the scenes but the bumper damage I collected during my ED was repaired at my dealer and I never had to push any insurance paperwork at all. I did supply them with a photo-essay which might have helped the dealer with their paperwork, but that was just me and my latent OCD.

YMMV since your car collected injury while with the shipper, but I am sure there is a documented procedure the dealership can pull up and begin to follow. You are not the first this has happened to and won't be the last. BMW will provide the dealer with advice since the don't want every event to be new exploration for their distribution network. Your being told to pick it up with damage still extant is almost certainly a customer service oversight.

Frank.

· Freude am Fahren
19,913 Posts
Hey guys,

I am in Chicago right now on business on just got a call from the dealer that my car finally arrived from the VDC.

In the Don Pasquale thread I wrote that Jessica from BMW ED (who has been absolutely wonderful by the way) contacted me last Wednesday and said that during shipping my car's front bumper was scratched. So she said that VDC was going to put on a brand new front bumper instead of repairing it.

Fast forward to today, I get a call from the dealer and he said that I can pick the car up on Friday but the front bumper is scratched by the driver's side reflector.

What do I do? What happens from here? I emailed Jessica but I guess she isn't available since it is already 7PM in NJ and she's probably left for the day.

I'm furious right now as I'm in Chicago and really do not want to pick up the car when its damaged. All the meanwhile I'm making the monthly lease payments.

Please help.

Thanks,

Dmitriy.
Not much you can do tonight so don't think too much about it. Wait until tomorrow and if you don't see an e-mail reply from Jessica by mid morning, call her. Since they already said they were fixing it at the VDC, I can imagine they would want to rectify this appropriately.

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. What are the chances that the car can go back to VDC for repairs? I honestly don't want just a random shop working on it unless it is BMW certified.

· Freude am Fahren
19,913 Posts
Back to the VDC? Not possible. But your dealer should be able to work with a factory certified shop - who is the dealer?

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Back to the VDC? Not possible. But your dealer should be able to work with a factory certified shop - who is the dealer?
Paul Miller BMW.

· Registered
6,329 Posts
The scratch will be repaired and all will be well. Take it easy. It is frustrating but it is a small problem in perspective.

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The scratch will be repaired and all will be well. Take it easy. It is frustrating but it is a small problem in perspective.
Good luck shputnik, hope it all works out smoothly for you.
Thanks guys. I'll keep you posted. This is annoying but I'm trying to stay calm, it just sucks that I don't even have the car yet and it has already been damaged. Twice.

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quick update guys:

I got an email from Jessica yesterday morning saying that it is Paul Miller's responsibility to repair the car but BMW Insurance (Marsh) would cover the cost. She also said that since she used to work @ Paul Miller, she is close with the GM and a lot of the folks there and would call them personally and take care of everything.

As of yesterday, my car was already in the body shop waiting to be repaired. Not exactly sure of the ETA but hoping that they take their time and do it right.

Needless to say, Jessica has been so amazingly helpful - I am sincerely thankful for getting her as the coordinator from BMW NA. Her amazing customer service will not go forgotten.

Stay tuned...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.