BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at threads and has been very helpful. I am looking to buy my first CPO BMW and would really need advice/opinion.

I have found a 528i :
Dark Metallic Graphite
Black Dakota Leather
M Sport
Navigation
Heated front seats
Price: $33k
Miles: 12k
NO Rear View Cam

1. Do you guys think this price is high?

2. I'm really bummed this doesn't have a rear view camera...I sort of think it's a deal breaker. But never sure if you can find everything you're looking for in a used car. So compromise?

3. I know it's a personal choice...but do you think the dark metallic charcoal is a good color (would have preferred carbon black or even jet black)

Thank you ahead for the quick responses...i need to make a decision in a day or two.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest! I've moved your question to our F10 5 Series forum, you'll get more help in here.

Tim

·
Registered
905 Posts
i have a premium nav car in a 13 i also with low mileage.
car is great, and i paid 32000 for the car a year ago.
if your getting a 13 i would shoot for no more than 31k unless your going to plan to keep it 6 years
the car will be worth 20k wholesale in september or when g30 is released
personally i love my car but the 14 lci changes were worth getting so i would get a 14 with a little more mileage for same price or 1 or 2000 more
if you can land the 13 for the price i told you above with that low mileage its a good deal
and the cars visibility is tough out the back the rear cam is a must have option if i had to do it all over again.
that being said if you landed the car for 30 i wouldnt pass on a clean car that wasnt hit.
make sure if you do decide to buy it you take the car to a body shop to verify none of the panels on the car were painted or hit
key to being able to sell in future
good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the detailed response bmwe39lover.

Was your car certified? I have been looking for 3 months and I have yet to find a that low a price for certified with such a mileage.

Carfax shows clean and it is a certified car from a BMW dealer so I was not planning to take to a body shop. Would you advice that I do?

Thanks for the note on the cam...if I get this car then I'd definitely have to do a retro/after market.

·
Registered
905 Posts
the car is drivable without rear cam but i do 30 k a year and its alot of visibility issues
car fax cars if no air bags are deployed can have paint jobs, take it to a bmw store or make sure you bring someone with you with paint experience that the car wasn't hit before you buy it
the wholesale is in the low 20's you will be in the car for a long time unless you can afford taking a 8000 loss
personally i know you like the car above its a nice color, has the mileage, and has m sport
my two cents get a 14 with similar options with 25-30k and your still covered with warranty till 50k
so all issue will be worked out and you will get maintanence.. the 14 changes with numbers, nav, better wheels and suspension tweaks make sense
but the deal breaker is the auto stop dramatically upgrade on 14
buy a 14 for a tick under 35 you will be golden be patient
you will thank me in the long run,
and as fyi i know cars listen to what I'm tell you land the 13 with an offer for 30,900 plus tax out the door
or walk

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
I have been looking at threads and has been very helpful. I am looking to buy my first CPO BMW and would really need advice/opinion.

I have found a 528i :
Dark Metallic Graphite
Black Dakota Leather
M Sport
Navigation
Heated front seats
Price: $33k
Miles: 12k
NO Rear View Cam

1. Do you guys think this price is high?

2. I'm really bummed this doesn't have a rear view camera...I sort of think it's a deal breaker. But never sure if you can find everything you're looking for in a used car. So compromise?

3. I know it's a personal choice...but do you think the dark metallic charcoal is a good color (would have preferred carbon black or even jet black)

Thank you ahead for the quick responses...i need to make a decision in a day or two.
You can add the Rear View camera to your car, for about $800 that will look factory.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the quick responses! I tried to look for a 14 528 that's under $35K with decent mileage but I didn't find any (was looking certified as that is a must for me.) I initially looked at 14s as well before deciding on a 13...once you decide CPO I don't think you can find one that was under 35 (at least around Atlanta.)

On getting rear view camera...the BMW dealer offered to get it installed at a third part they work with for $1000. But my question is doesn't after market cam invalidate the warranty (at least the electronics portion)?

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Thank you all for the quick responses! I tried to look for a 14 528 that's under $35K with decent mileage but I didn't find any (was looking certified as that is a must for me.) I initially looked at 14s as well before deciding on a 13...once you decide CPO I don't think you can find one that was under 35 (at least around Atlanta.)

On getting rear view camera...the BMW dealer offered to get it installed at a third part they work with for $1000. But my question is doesn't after market cam invalidate the warranty (at least the electronics portion)?
There is a company that is a sponsor of BF, that can get you the Rear View Camera for a lot less then that and the install isn't that hard. I can't remember the of the company..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts