BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my buddy has a 2007 525xi and about a week ago it's been having problems starting up where it just cranks but never starts. The car had a similar problem about a month ago where it turns out the IBS was the issue. After that was fixed the car was running completely fine up until now.

He replaced the crankshaft sensor to see if that would fix it but it didn't help bits. So this time he decided to take it to the dealer to get it checked out. They told him out that the car needed a new eccentric shaft sensor and battery. He paid for the diagnostics and did the repairs himself using OEM parts. Battery has already been reprogrammed as well. Now we're a bit of a loss because the car is still doing the same thing, crank and no start.

I was hoping someone here can help us out!

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I can just list the basics

- DME: any water on the unit or in the connectors? rusted pins? 12V power ok? ground wire ok?
- air: disconnect MAF maybe and try starting. throttle valve wide open?
- fuel: check pressure. 12V supply to the injectors ok?
- timing off?
- crankshaft / camshaft sensors? // new crank sensor sounds good, should be original BMW, camshaft sensor may not prevent starting but you never know
- any sparks? 12V supply to the ignition coils ok?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I can just list the basics

- DME: any water on the unit or in the connectors? rusted pins? 12V power ok? ground wire ok?
- air: disconnect MAF maybe and try starting. throttle valve wide open?
- fuel: check pressure. 12V supply to the injectors ok?
- timing off?
- crankshaft / camshaft sensors? // new crank sensor sounds good, should be original BMW, camshaft sensor may not prevent starting but you never know
- any sparks? 12V supply to the ignition coils ok?
Crank and cam sensors look to be fine. Just found out there is no power getting to the spark plugs, fuel pump, or ECU/DME :thumbdwn:. Have yet to check the air and timing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there so I***8217;m having a very similar issue with my 06 525i but I am getting 12v to the coils from wires but no spark car cranks strong just won***8217;t fire up fuel system is good no corrosion on any of the dme pins or the connectors tryed both keys the starter was just installed I***8217;m just lost I am getting a couple trouble codes so if anyone can please help me get back on the road.
Codes are p1639 p0122 p0222 p1624

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hey there so I'm having a very similar issue with my 06 525i but I am getting 12v to the coils from wires but no spark car cranks strong just won't fire up fuel system is good no corrosion on any of the dme pins or the connectors tryed both keys the starter was just installed I'm just lost I am getting a couple trouble codes so if anyone can please help me get back on the road.
Codes are p1639 p0122 p0222 p1624
Fitz,

this sounds like an EWS manipulation issue, but you wont be able to tell without getting the codes read by a BMW-specific scanner.

Have you checked for fuel pressure?

Also, it might be best for you to create a new thread as this one has not been active in nearly 2 years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.