Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new to the forum and have done plenty of research but never found an exact solution. I recently purchased a 96 e39 525 tds. It runs awesome when cold. But as i complete about an hour of driving, its starts loosing power gradually and comes to a point when even having my foot full on the accelerator it goes up pretty slowly. This happend only upto 1000 rpm. Above that power again kicks in. And also at such times it has a very shaky idle. It creates great problems on redlights as it takes a lot of time to pickup. But above 1 k rpm again power comes in. If i keep the car aside for about 15 mins it again starts normally and drives awesome for about another 45 mins. What could be the problem? Also when this problem occurs it takes a lot of time for the car to start. Lots of cranks. But after i keep it aside for 15 mins it starts in one crank. Low end torque goes for a toss during this phase. Please help me out guys as ive not been able to find a solution since about a month.

Regards,
K. Merchant

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Hi

This forum is 99.8% USA/Canada focused and that market didn't get the E39 Diesel variants.

Your location is Mumbai (namaste & kiddah!) so I'm not sure if there's any suitably qualified and experienced BMW mechanics there. Have you had the codes read on the car?

A better place to ask the question would be here - http://forum.bmw5.co.uk/ plenty of us Diesel owners here and many with extensive mechanical knowledge too!

Cheers, Dennis!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey dennis. Namaste :)

Thanks for the reply. Im gonna get the codes read tomorrow so will let u know what i get. Also ive recently changed the thermostat, waterpump, hoses ect and also all filters etc. coz of a heating problem. Thats solved as of now.
Also il surely post in the other forum.
Thanks again.

Cheers,
K. Merchant

1 - 3 of 3 Posts