BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2nd Owner 2008 335i Sedan Twin Turbo
HELP I have spent more money fixing this car than what is still owed on it. :mad:
Consistently getting error codes P0174, P0305, P0306, P0304, P0300 for the last several months. Vacuum leak? Replace injectors? Replace valve cover gasket? Any thoughtful insights will greatly help! Yes, I have read a lot of the posts here, not sure if I missed something.

Today I had the recently leaked radiator replaced, VANOS Cleaned, sprayed bottle for vacuum leak. Last weekend replaced the cracked intake Manifold per mechanics suggestion as to why codes existed, but the carbon was not cleaned by him. (Different mechanic). Replaced spark plugs with new Bosch. Old plugs were dirty and black with gunk. Codes still exists. :(

About 11 months ag: Oil housing gasket leaked on the way down from Seattle to Mom's house (she is ill, hence the move). Serpentine got shredded, and two weeks later crawled to LB from Bakersfield.

Several weeks later on the way to a job interview - had AAA gave me a jump (left my lights on), and fried my electrical, so replaced the battery, issue with chip, new alternator, and water pump.

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
Last weekend replaced the cracked intake Manifold per mechanics suggestion as to why codes existed. Codes still exist

Within this year: Oil housing gasket leaked on the way down from Seattle to Mom's house (she is ill, hence the move). Serpentine belt broke, and two weeks later crawled to LB from Bakersfield.

Several weeks later on the way to job interview - had AAA gave me a jump, and fried my electrical, so replaced the battery, chip, new alternator, and water pump.
That's quite a tale o'woe....when the belt broke do you mean it shredded?

Did you see the cracked charge pipe before removal?

How was replacement of all of those items shown to result from a jump?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes. shredded.
No corner of intake was cracked accidently when attempting to remove oil housing unit by brother to replace gasket. He was in a hurry.
Assumed that was what happened when the second mechanic showed me the crack.

Went based on original mechanics work order to replace battery, ect.
(all of the above happened about 11 months ago.)

Error codes within the last two months. had to save money for the next series of repairs.
Don't want to spend any more money without good impute. hence my post.

·
Registered
188 Posts
2nd Owner 2008 335i Sedan Twin Turbo
HELP I have spent more money fixing this car than what is still owed on it. :mad:
Consistently getting error codes P0174, P0305, P0306, P0304, P0300 for the last several months. Vacuum leak? Replace injectors? Replace valve cover gasket? Any thoughtful insights will greatly help! Yes, I have read a lot of the posts here, not sure if I missed something.

Today I had the recently leaked radiator replaced, VANOS Cleaned, sprayed bottle for vacuum leak. Last weekend replaced the cracked intake Manifold per mechanics suggestion as to why codes existed, but the carbon was not cleaned by him. (Different mechanic). Replaced spark plugs with new Bosch. Old plugs were dirty and black with gunk. Codes still exists. :(

About 11 months ag: Oil housing gasket leaked on the way down from Seattle to Mom's house (she is ill, hence the move). Serpentine got shredded, and two weeks later crawled to LB from Bakersfield.

Several weeks later on the way to a job interview - had AAA gave me a jump (left my lights on), and fried my electrical, so replaced the battery, issue with chip, new alternator, and water pump.
I'm really sorry that hear your pain and suffering in the 335i. I personally own a 335d for few years now and have not come even close to what you are going through. Many 335i and M3's owners on this forum have swore in many different occasions that their car(s) are built to last more than the 335d's. And the 335d's are prone to more issues than the 335i or the M3's. I have friends and family members and even neighbors that owned an M3 or 335i and sadly they have spent more in repair combined than compared to my 335d. Let this thread be another example for that debate. Now I'm not saying that my 335d will last longer either. The key to any healthy vehicle and it's longevity is in the hands of the owner, how the owner drives the car, preventative maintenance, and the history of the vehicle itself plays a big role. It's never about diesels or non diesels or the M models. Manufacturers made these car and designed them to best of their knowledge to last but when it's out of the factory it's now up to the owners to take on that responsibility.
OP, sounds like and if you spent more repair than how much the car is actually worth or close to it and unless it's a classic or something that is worth to keep for the long run or to hand over to your kids then get rid of it as quickly as you can. It will save you a lot of time and money and the headache. Sometimes, just sometimes, you have to know when to let it go.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Eric... for your heart felt response. It is complicated due to the balance owed.

If you know off anyone who knows about the error codes in question i welcome their thoughts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I do have and e90 probably different. I did get some similar codes from a pcv valve vacuum leak and hoses. I would say take it a shop for a smoke test. I forgot shere i heard this but i know some bmw cars ehen the belt shreds, smalls pieces end up behind the crankshaft pulley and damage crankshaft seal leaving there a vacuum leak also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
J am schedule tmrw to visit a local bmw shop and will definitely have them do a smoke test.
I thought I addressed the crankshaft seal last year when the belt shred. Will definitely look into what you posted and will direct that toward the mechanic.

I have tested the coil packs and changed the spark plugs. Considering the injectors, bad cover gasket, bad o2 sensors, too.

Thoughts?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts