Bimmerfest BMW banner

201 - 220 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
There's several dealers offering 11-12% on custom orders and in stock vehicles. Advertised on other forums. Just using that as a baseline for now. Even if you factor in shipping, OP comes out ahead regardless.
Thanks for the clarification.

Your list of lease deals you've done shows what, in some instances, is possible.

Getting back to your assertion that OP could save an additional $2,500 on his deal -- and you did make it as an assertion, indicating that $2,500 additional savings was there as a certainty -- it would be helpful if you could lay out exactly how that additional $2,500 savings can be found in this deal.

I don't think it's there, on this car, in this situation. But if you will please take us through how you arrived at the conclusion that OP left $2,500 on the table on this deal, we will all be enlightened.

Thank you.

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,612 Posts
Great. Now we've got a 26-year-old telling all us Boomers how it should be done. Can probably tell us how to get a deal on a Rolex too (as if anyone still wears one). Maybe he can school all the regulars on Leasehackr, too?

The newest addition to my Ignore list...

OP you did just fine. Might you have gotten a better deal on a car in a color combination you didn't like, with a weird combination of options, that had sat unloved in the corner of a dealer's lot for 18 months till the GSM said "Make this go away!"? Sure. But as Uber-mensch 1968 reminds us all, you drive the car, not the deal. Enjoy your new whip.

·
Go Hawks!!!
406 Posts
Great. Now we've got a 26-year-old telling all us Boomers how it should be done. Can probably tell us how to get a deal on a Rolex too (as if anyone still wears one). Maybe he can school all the regulars on Leasehackr, too?

OP you did just fine. Might you have gotten a better deal on a car in a color combination you didn't like, with a weird combination of options, that had sat unloved in the corner of a dealer's lot for 18 months till the GSM said "Make this go away!"? Sure. But as Uber-mensch 1968 reminds us all, you drive the car, not the deal. Enjoy your new whip.
No boomer here...LOL

He said he was 26 and detailed 7 leases already?!...maybe one of those $30K/year millionaires?!

Hopefully not one of half this country who couldn't pay an emergency $400 bill...and that poll was before virus so most likely even higher percentage now...unless he is getting that extra $600/wk which is going away soon...:eeps::angel:

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I agree that OP did fine -- quite well I thought.

As to the Ubermensch honorific, well, I am humbled, but, as his butler Jeeves pointed out to Bertie Wooster, "you would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound." ;)

We do, however, continue striving to rise.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for the clarification.

Your list of lease deals you've done shows what, in some instances, is possible.

Getting back to your assertion that OP could save an additional $2,500 on his deal -- and you did make it as an assertion, indicating that $2,500 additional savings was there as a certainty -- it would be helpful if you could lay out exactly how that additional $2,500 savings can be found in this deal.

I don't think it's there, on this car, in this situation. But if you will please take us through how you arrived at the conclusion that OP left $2,500 on the table on this deal, we will all be enlightened.

Thank you.
No worries! Well yeah not certainty, as I stated from a motivated dealer. There's several on leasehackr doing 11-12% on custom orders. I have a contact at a so-cal dealership (gm), a very old work buddy of Jon Shafer who would go at 11.5%.

For example, this guy here just got 2% off more than OP https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/2020-bmw-m340xi-543-w-tax/278324

·
Registered
81 Posts

Funny cause there are posts this month all over leasehackr with deals that are a few points better than 8% on a m340i

·
Registered
81 Posts
No boomer here...LOL

He said he was 26 and detailed 7 leases already?!...maybe one of those $30K/year millionaires?!

Hopefully not one of half this country who couldn't pay an emergency $400 bill...and that poll was before virus so most likely even higher percentage now...unless he is getting that extra $600/wk which is going away soon...:eeps::angel:
here's one of my savings accounts but I'm done here.. call me a liar if you want. Just hilarious and low of you to need to talk about someone else's income. What if I was someone poor, you see a need to make fun of less fortunate?

Sounds like a **** personality if you have to drag someones income into the mix.

I've gotten 3 leases directly from Jon Shafer, and he knows of several more I've gotten from other people since he's a friend of my family.

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
here's one of my savings accounts but I'm done here.. call me a liar if you want. I've gotten 3 leases directly from Jon Shafer, and he knows of several more I've gotten from other people since he's a friend of my family.

None of that has anything at all to do with the OP in this thread saving another 2500 on the deal on his car, which is not a demo with 2800 miles on it.

Great for you that your savings account has good money in it, but it has zero to do with this OP saving more money on his deal. Maybe he could maybe he couldnt, but hes happy with it, and just throwing out some number out of the blue you think he "could save" is irresponsible... unless you can lay out the numbers and are planning to contact his dealer for him and negotiate for the additional discount on his behalf.

·
Registered
81 Posts
None of that has anything at all to do with the OP in this thread saving another 2500 on the deal on his car, which is not a demo with 2800 miles on it.

Great for you that your savings account has good money in it, but it has zero to do with this OP saving more money on his deal. Maybe he could maybe he couldnt, but hes happy with it, and just throwing out some number out of the blue you think he "could save" is irresponsible... unless you can lay out the numbers and are planning to contact his dealer for him and negotiate for the additional discount on his behalf.
I agree this post is not relevant to op. At this point the guy I'm arguing with is just an asshole and I'm done responding to him.

It wasn't just an arbitrary number, I checked other forums for reference of what is possible. I agree, it may not have been the most responsible to tell OP he could get it.

However, the way I see it. If you ping enough dealers you will get the deal done. As stated there are several dealers offering 11-12% at buy-rate less incentives on ALL custom orders.

Now, I'll admit.. For me personally an extra 80$/mo savings wouldn't be a deal breaker if I love the car. Was just informing OP of what I've seen others accomplish this month.

·
Go Hawks!!!
406 Posts
No boomer here...LOL

Hopefully not one of half this country who couldn't pay an emergency $400 bill...and that poll was before virus so most likely even higher percentage now...unless he is getting that extra $600/wk which is going away soon...
here's one of my savings accounts but I'm done here.. call me a liar if you want. Just hilarious and low of you to need to talk about someone else's income. What if I was someone poor, you see a need to make fun of less fortunate?

Sounds like a **** personality if you have to drag someones income into the mix.

I've gotten 3 leases directly from Jon Shafer, and he knows of several more I've gotten from other people since he's a friend of my family.

Sorry you just seem clueless and I was worried you were gonna be homeless in one of your great lease deals...lol

Aren't you the dip**** that blamed totalling a car driving too fast in rain on tires?!

·
Go Hawks!!!
406 Posts
Sorry you just seem clueless and I was worried you were gonna be homeless in one of your great lease deals...lol
yeah clueless when there are people all over leasehackr getting more than 8% off on a m340i this month
Your first post was clueless and a lot of your past posts clueless so I doubt anybody should listen to anything you say. Move on asshat. Ps he didn't have time to custom order.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Your first post was clueless and a lot of your past posts clueless so I doubt anybody should listen to anything you say. Move on asshat. Ps he didn't have time to custom order.
Since we want to talk about incomes. Yours is obviously lower cause you're a ****ing dumbass. Clearly and obviously your time isn't valued, and you're compensated appropriately.

·
Go Hawks!!!
406 Posts
Since we want to talk about incomes. Yours is obviously lower cause you're a ****ing dumbass. Clearly and obviously your time isn't valued, and you're compensated appropriately.
Asshat:
I hydroplaned on a rainy day and had a roll over. Luckily I am ok and without a scratch

I blame the tires as I was driving speed limit and they had 27k on them without replacement

·
Go Hawks!!!
406 Posts
Lmao. Man you are right again!

·
Registered
81 Posts
@op for future reference just use leasehackr forums, lots of good people there will review your future dealings. Also there are lots of shared deals/posts you can research to get a better idea of what is achievable.

There's a reason this board is dead, idiots here just talk nonsense instead of helping.

·
Go Hawks!!!
406 Posts
@op for future reference just use leasehackr forums, lots of good people there will review your future dealings. Also there are lots of shared deals/posts you can research to get a better idea of what is achievable.

There's a reason this board is dead, idiots here just talk nonsense instead of helping.
Well if you read this entire string there really was no nonsense posted until you showed up...

·
Go Hawks!!!
406 Posts
Since you were doing an out of state deal you could have got another $2.5k off the purchase price. Even for a custom order. There's always next time!
I feel a little bad because I do have a sensitive BS/DS meter...but...in a 200+ post string filled with advice from some really educated BMW posters this is the nonsensical, passive aggressive 'you know better' post you put up after not having posted in a couple years...along with your slightly douchey user name of rolex...and a dismal post history showing an accident that was really your fault at excessive speed on tires you knew were a bit worn (I'm thankful you hurt nobody else)...you might want to tip toe in a little more gracefully next time. My $0.02 :thumbup::angel:

Also, most of us here research and get a great deal compared to the masses but we (me at least) don't need the best deal in the country...I have dealt with only a couple dealers for my BMWs over the last couple decades and I get great deals but not the best in country because I want my dealer 'friend' to make some money and I also enjoy the relationship I have with them...I also try to do the little things for them that helps to bring in $ for the dealer, such as finance and wait the 4 months to pay off so they get compensation and not just pay off first month, etc.

·
Registered
303 Posts

If you had read the whole post, the OP is BUYING the car not leasing, and he is in Texas which based on reading of the posts about Texas, it appears to be a very unfriendly lease state. Personally I feel it is in poor judgement to come in after the deal is done and tell someone they really F'ed up the deal. I agree with the other posters based on the circumstances, timing, etc. this was a great deal for the OP which in the end is all that matters. Your situation is different and thus you do different deals. If yo feel that strongly about it , reach out to the OP directly and tell the OP exactly how they can get the deal you think he should have gotten. Publicly berating the OP to make him feel bad and you feel superior is a sign of immaturity at any age

Good luck on your next deal(s) (seriously I hope you do as well as you want and you stay safe through all this

201 - 220 of 272 Posts