Bimmerfest BMW banner

241 - 260 of 272 Posts

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,551 Posts
Dude. It’s 30 bucks. LET IT GO.
Says the guy who spreadsheets everything to the 12th decimal point. You could at least offer to help a brother out by setting up a Go Fund Me for the $30 bucks.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Says the guy who spreadsheets everything to the 12th decimal point. You could at least offer to help a brother out by setting up a Go Fund Me for the $30 bucks.
:thumbup:

Actually, if you guys do a Go Fund Me, then I won't have the excuse to go do another car deal to have the pleasure of paying another lease fee in order to claw back my $30.. So, leave it alone and let me pout.

Meanwhile, OP is getting dangerously close to becoming a BMW owner, at the right price. If he stays vigilant.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Went through all the documentation. Everything except that $525 checked out. I had to fedex the papers today in order to not delay shipping another ~half a week. The sales manager agreed (in writing) to write me a check for the $525 that's now being financed plus interest (totaling $537 at 0.9/60).

Papers are on their way back to AZ. Will find out tomorrow when my baby arrives! :)

They also sent a video of the car (not great resolution). I'll take a quick screencap as a preview and share with you guys in a couple of minutes. Better pictures on delivery!

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
Went through all the documentation. Everything except that $525 checked out. I had to fedex the papers today in order to not delay shipping another ~half a week. The sales manager agreed (in writing) to write me a check for the $525 that's now being financed plus interest (totaling $537 at 0.9/60).

Papers are on their way back to AZ. Will find out tomorrow when my baby arrives! :)

They also sent a video of the car (not great resolution). I'll take a quick screencap as a preview and share with you guys in a couple of minutes. Better pictures on delivery!

You are certainly a long, long way from the @remistus who was at the beginning of this thread, looking for help.

Truly, "teach a person how to fish" thread here, lol.

Nice find on that "accident" and also getting in writing the reimbursement, along with the interest you will be charged. Its probably better for them that its in the deal and refunding you, for whatever their internal numbers are (the sales manager would know that).

Also sounds like your spouse is a real trooper, so get her something nice for listening to you babble on about "new BMWs" for a couple months :rofl::thumbup:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow, your sales manager was more honest than mine when he snuck in a $600 maintenance plan on my lease. Eventually he refunded the money, but just the $600. Then I had to bug him for the $72 interest, which he finally sent.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
Everyone at the dealership I've worked with has been great so far. If y'all ever need a BMW, Chapman Chandler in AZ seem like pretty upstanding people.

Also, all done officially! Car will arrive in Austin in about a week, maybe less. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
Also as promised, my sister ended up being in the market for a new car. I helped get her another 4% dealer discount and saved her about $30 a month on her new car today! Spreading the knowledge. :)

·
Registered
12,303 Posts
Also as promised, my sister ended up being in the market for a new car. I helped get her another 4% dealer discount and saved her about $30 a month on her new car today! Spreading the knowledge. :)
It looks like your future will include consulting family and friends on car deals, which happen to be a tradition among festers on this sub-forum. :D

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Let the good "car-ma" flow.

Positive vibes come back around.

We will be expecting you to share expert advice with newbies who stumble into this forum and are sometimes helped... before the sharks get them.

:thumbup:

·
Go Hawks!!!
403 Posts
:thumbup::bigpimp:

PS, actually bought my first BMW from Chapman BMW...at the time the only BMW dealer in Phoenix area...on McDowell near Scottsdale Rd.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
:thumbup::bigpimp:

PS, actually bought my first BMW from Chapman BMW...at the time the only BMW dealer in Phoenix area...on McDowell near Scottsdale Rd.
It seems there are a bunch of Chapman's in Phoenix now. I've been working with the Chapman Chandler dealership. Very positive experience with those guys!

I've got BMW Connect on my phone now and I can see the location of the car. Making the wait that much worse. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I've got BMW Connect on my phone now and I can see the location of the car. Making the wait that much worse. :rofl:

Oh you are one of us now. No going back.

Fortunately for you, due to COVID restrictions, the initiation ceremony will be delayed. :yikes:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
:rofl:

Wednesday confirmed delivery! Keep your eyes out for pics! :)
Be sure to use your app to track the car's journey... hourly.

On my last car, I watched it transit the Panama Canal in real time.

Some people do not understand this behavior...... but we do.

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,551 Posts
Fortunately for you, due to COVID restrictions, the initiation ceremony will be delayed. :yikes:
Damn shame. I never understood the attraction for sheep till I had my ceremony. Now there is no going back. Getting branded with a red hot poker was a bit much, though.

241 - 260 of 272 Posts