Bimmerfest BMW banner

261 - 272 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
My old E39 and current F30 were both custom orders(mainly HID lights that local dealers used to not order).

Both times the cars were greeted at dealer while rolloing off the trucks, with both odometers at 5 miles(the routes stayed the same 12 years apart!:))

The first time not much progress was tracked, the second time the ship was tracked along the way, and that was lots of fun.

One thing to look for was the time spent at VDC, as that could indicate if there were delivery damages(both of mine stayed at VDC for a couple of days).

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Damn shame. I never understood the attraction for sheep till I had my ceremony. Now there is no going back. Getting branded with a red hot poker was a bit much, though.
shhhhh! Don't spoil the surprise.

I haven't told anyone how much you seem to enjoy doing the branding bit on new inductees and I'm not going to talk out of school.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
End of a VERY long journey. So glad I got the blue. It***8217;s a staggeringly beautiful car. Totally in love. Thanks guys for helping me get here.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
Yep! Portimao Blue. Pictures really don't do the color justice. :)
Portimao Blue looks really nice, it is a tad darker than Estroril Blue, which came with F30 335i M sport.

In the E-series days, e.g. E39 M5, Le Mans Blue was a popular color for M cars too.

·
Registered
301 Posts
well played. It is a gorgeous car, enjoy the ride, have fun, don't forget your better half who put up with this hunt. Hope you have as many years of enjoyable driving as you want with that beauty.

:drive: :thumbup::beerchug:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
well played. It is a gorgeous car, enjoy the ride, have fun, don't forget your better half who put up with this hunt. Hope you have as many years of enjoyable driving as you want with that beauty.

:drive: :thumbup::beerchug:
Trust me, she has not been forgotten in this equation! She loves the car almost as much as I do. And I'm planning a nice thank-you gift for her as well.

Appreciate y'all and everything you taught me.

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,610 Posts
Congratulations! Just remember that new car smell is a gateway drug....

261 - 272 of 272 Posts