BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a 1997 bmw 323 and i am having difficulty finding a baby car seat that works with my model, the rear seat betst pull from the middle rather than from the door sides,id imagine everybody with this car has come across this problem but it has me stumped.

id hate to have to trade my car for something else over a child seat:mad:

thanks for any advise

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
I'm a bit confused. Car seats are designed to be used on the left or right side of the car, right? So if you put it on the left of the car, the car seat just thinks it's on the right, wouldn't it? I'm not sure what the problem is, but then again I don't plan to deal with this sort of dilemna for many more years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm a bit confused. Car seats are designed to be used on the left or right side of the car, right? So if you put it on the left of the car, the car seat just thinks it's on the right, wouldn't it? I'm not sure what the problem is, but then again I don't plan to deal with this sort of dilemna for many more years.
tthis was my thinking exactly , but the mothercar and halfords staff say otherwise.

id stay away from this dilema for ever m8

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Have you tried fitting a demo model? Might be worth giving it a run. Or do what E30 said.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have never heard this one be for. My daughter is 4 1/2 and here booster fits fine (full back type)

·
Registered
300 Posts
do your belts pull from the middle aswell?

i just called my local supliers of baby seats and they were very straight talking and said im pretty screwed?
they were just messing with you. Seats can be fitted on either side of the car in the event you have 2 children in child seats. How do you think people put child seats behind the driver? The person you called had one hell of a laugh at your expense.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had major trouble with mine too... I put it in the center and use the locker that came with it for this purpose. I can get it super tight and straight there. On the sides it would not tighten and slide everywhere--not safe at all. Shell be ready for a booster soon, so well see what happens then.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts

·
Search: Top right corner
1,127 Posts
My seat belts come from the center, I put a rubber mat under the car seat so it would not ruin the leather or slide since e36's do not have the hook feature that newer cars have the allow for car seats to clamp on. I was in a high speed car accident about a year and half ago (in a e36 m3 coupe) and the car seat barely moved compared to the rest of the crap in my car (my daughter was not in the car, thank god). I feel very comfortable with my daughter being in my car sitting in backseat behind the passenger next to the window in my m3 sedan.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
:rofl: FAIL.

that is a cool seat though. It almost makes me want.... wait. Nevermind.
:eek:

WHAT IN F*CKS NAME HAS HAPPENED TO YOU?!

:tsk: I need to go out to Atlanta now and introduce you to SC's father and see how he feels about his underage angel having your children.

Should speed up my AvusBlau E36 M3 ownership plan.......you did write me into that will, right f0cker?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts