BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rebuilding a 2001 525i . Can anyone tell me what the part is called that holds the starter and the power steering pump in place? I can only see it from the bottom but some of it is broken off. pics please?

If you can direct me to the best deal for a replacement I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
2015 F80 M3, 2011 E70 X5, 05 MCS R53
726 Posts
I am rebuilding a 2001 525i . Can anyone tell me what the part is called that holds the starter and the power steering pump in place? I can only see it from the bottom but some of it is broken off. pics please?

If you can direct me to the best deal for a replacement I would appreciate it.
You can find diagram of the engine on realoem.com. The starter is mounted to the trans, and the power is mounted to to the oil filter housing.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
726 Posts
crud! it was late I said starter instead of alternator. guess I was more tired than I thought.
Both are mounted to oil filter housing.

·
Registered
726 Posts
This is how is mounted, power steering goes on the two top hoes on the oil filter hosing.
Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Vehicle Fuel line
Auto part Engine Wheel Automotive wheel system Automotive engine part

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you! I finally got around to pulling it off today. I had cracks all the way up to the bottom alternator bolt. I need one asap! anyone have one they can spare?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.