BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im hoping to hear some feedback before i make the decicion to go get it or not tomm. the one thing holding me back is its got a blown head gasket. Im just wondering if any one has heard of bad things hapening bc of this or what could have happend and how much do you guys think it would be to fix it? also what are the cars known for failing on? thanks for the imput guys hopfully some people can reply fast so i know if i want it or not also it has 190k on it with a susper sprint exauhst. Thanks again guys:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
27,273 Posts
It's common for the M42. Yes there can be other damage such as a cracked head or block. You need to be certain about who is putting it back together because if they screw up on the profile gasket you will have problems again soon. Good luck :thumbup:

BTW, how much are they asking and could you potentially find a 91 318is which is the lighter E30 body ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well im actualy looking to trade my jetta for it and hes gonna give me 900 ontop of the bmw it needs some body work and paint but it has mint interior pluss i already have an e30 and i like the e36 style but how good are they really one power and what not? he said he see's the antifreeze leaking in between the head and gasket? i dont know im probly going to check it out tomm.:confused::thumbup:

·
Registered
144 Posts
they have no power you will want your vw back oh but they are beautiful . me and my 1996 318is have a love hate relationship . but if your looking for power this is not the car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts