BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I am new to the forum, just wanted to get your guys opinion on this quote I received from a dealership.

335XI
Sport Package Wheel/Tire Upgrade
Comfort Access
SIRIUS Satellite Radio
Metallic Paint
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Sport Package

MSRP 48,045
Sale price 45845 (1350 over invoice)
MF .00250
Term 39 months 15k miles/yr
payment : $685.62 not inlcuding tax
Security Deposit of $700.00 and Tags and Registration of $400.00 with a total of
$1,785.62 due at signing

This dealer isnt budging on the price, I haggled with him and came to his final price above. do you guys think I can get a better deal than this one?

if I put an additional security deposit, what would my money factor and payment be like?

thanks for your help

·
Registered
269 Posts
$1350 over invoice is a better deal than I got (3% below MSRP).

It looks like the base MF on a 36m/15k lease is 0.00230. Not sure what it is on a 39m lease though. If it is also 0.00230, then your dealer is marking up the lease buy rate by a couple points. May not be negotiable.

Each security deposit reduces your MF by 0.00007. You can do a max of 7 SDs which reduces the MF by 0.00049, making your new MF 0.00201. The payment difference is about $40 according to my calcs. I guessed a residual of 61%... what did they quote you? (The number is fixed by BMWFS and your dealer can't change it.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the quote for 61% residual value also, I got the same money factor quote for .00250 for the 39 month lease "July special" from couple of the dealerships. you think the lease will be a better deal if I do a 36 month lease than the 39 month? what is the advantage if the residual value is the same for both 39 and 36?

·
Registered
269 Posts
you think the lease will be a better deal if I do a 36 month lease than the 39 month? what is the advantage if the residual value is the same for both 39 and 36?
If the MF and residual is the same for both 36 and 39 month leases, the payment will simply have to be higher on the 36 month lease. You're paying the depreciation over a shorter amount of time.

·
Registered
93 Posts
hi, I am new to the forum, just wanted to get your guys opinion on this quote I received from a dealership.

335XI
Sport Package Wheel/Tire Upgrade
Comfort Access
SIRIUS Satellite Radio
Metallic Paint
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Sport Package

MSRP 48,045
Sale price 45845 (1350 over invoice)
MF .00250
Term 39 months 15k miles/yr
payment : $685.62 not inlcuding tax
Security Deposit of $700.00 and Tags and Registration of $400.00 with a total of
$1,785.62 due at signing

This dealer isnt budging on the price, I haggled with him and came to his final price above. do you guys think I can get a better deal than this one?

if I put an additional security deposit, what would my money factor and payment be like?

thanks for your help[/quote

That seems high...I just picked up my 335xi...the MSRP was $48,825...I got it for about $800 over invoice..with a .00240 mf with 39months/12k miles..and with taxes(and this is IL) rolled in the payment is $643.26/month nothing down...nothing

·
Registered
269 Posts
That seems high...I just picked up my 335xi...the MSRP was $48,825...I got it for about $800 over invoice..with a .00240 mf with 39months/12k miles..and with taxes(and this is IL) rolled in the payment is $643.26/month nothing down...nothing
You got a great deal. In my area I seemed to be lucky getting 3% off of MSRP. And they wouldn't budge on letting me have the lease buy rate, so I have to pay a markup on it. My payments will be about $100 more than yours. My MSRP is over $52k though.

Did you do MSDs?

·
Registered
93 Posts
You got a great deal. In my area I seemed to be lucky getting 3% off of MSRP. And they wouldn't budge on letting me have the lease buy rate, so I have to pay a markup on it. My payments will be about $100 more than yours. My MSRP is over $52k though.

Did you do MSDs?
I didnt..I probably should have..since it is a good return on your investment...but I'm days away from welcoming my first child into the world..so I was kind of paranoid on dropping 4-5k right now. The CA figured out the payment with the 7 MSD's and I think I remember it being under $600 somewhere. Either way the car is awesome..and worth a $100 more/month in my opinion. I have an 05' 4.4i X5 too and this car is way more fun...a totally different animal that my old e46 too. good luck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't know if you got a great deal. But I may be wrong. I just ordered a similarly equiped car 335xi sedan, MSRP was $51820. The sale price is $49250 which I will be leasing for 39mo with 15k for $711 which includes of 6% sales tax and only 2190 out of pocket, no cap reduction . I don't know MF or anything like that because i really don't care. As long as I'm comfortable with the bottom line I'm happy.

Options:
Sport package with 18" wheels
Navigation
Ipod
Sirius
Premium package
Comfort access
Cold weather package
Matallic Paint

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't know if you got a great deal. But I may be wrong. I just ordered a similarly equiped car 335xi sedan, MSRP was $51820. The sale price is $49250 which I will be leasing for 39mo with 15k for $711 which includes of 6% sales tax and only 2190 out of pocket, no cap reduction . I don't know MF or anything like that because i really don't care. As long as I'm comfortable with the bottom line I'm happy.

Options:
Sport package with 18" wheels
Navigation
Ipod
Sirius
Premium package
Comfort access
Cold weather package
Matallic Paint
you're also in a lease friendly state..unlike IL which charges you sales tax on the entire price of the vehicle..so my payment should be $40-50/month higher than yours...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts