BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
if you're looking for performance gain, you wont get much. Exhaust mostly adds a more agressive tone
flowmaster and Hamann make good sounding ones IMO
but in the end it's up to you what sound you like, I would just surf YouTube for sound clips and just with whatever makes your ears happy

you can always go to a custom exhaust shop too if there is nothing you like

·
Keeping it surreal
43,233 Posts
What's a really good exhaust for my 02 325i
Beauty is in the ear of the beholder, my boy. Start looking at manufacturer`s websites, and check out their sound clips.

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,977 Posts
Beauty is in the ear of the beholder, my boy. Start looking at manufacturer`s websites, and check out their sound clips.
Supersprint sounds the best IMO, but they are pricey. I'd skip BMW Performance exhaust at all costs. A recent test in Euro Tuner's Project 135i project car showed a 3hp LOSS with the $1500 BMW Perf Muffler. Must have put Window Regulator Hanz in charge of that department too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The thing is I have been looking on YouTube but I can't find anything that sounds good so I think I'm just going to get a custom exhaust if all goes bad

·
Keeping it surreal
43,233 Posts
The thing is I have been looking on YouTube but I can't find anything that sounds good so I think I'm just going to get a custom exhaust if all goes bad
It all depends on *what kind of sound* you`re looking for. You`re never gonna get that little inline six to sound like a V8 Camaro or Mustang, no matter *how* much money you spend....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts