BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a bmw loaner and a rock hit the windshield. Small pinky size star shaped crack. What do I do? How much will it cost? Through my insurance? through BMW? can I jest get it fixed on my own? 2011 328xi
Help

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Your insurance should cover it without a deductible. However, they may want to just fill the crack (depending on the size) which will not fly with the BMW dealership. Also, since it technically isn't your car, the dealership will most likely want to do it themselves which I assume will cost you far more. Call them now and explain what happened and tell them you'd like to get it replaced yourself. If nothing else, get a price on your own (you can do that via phone) and don't just let the dealership send you a bill - let them know you are aware of how much it costs to replace a windshield and want to work to see this come to a close at a reasonable cost.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My insurance wants me to pay a $250.00 deductable. Safetylite wants to charge $140 and it will leave a water mark. BMW dealership doesn't know yet. Not going to listen to friends and just bring loaner back and not say anything. Bad Karma. Guess I have to brace myself for a huge bill.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
20,099 Posts
My insurance wants me to pay a $250.00 deductable. Safetylite wants to charge $140 and it will leave a water mark. BMW dealership doesn't know yet. Not going to listen to friends and just bring loaner back and not say anything. Bad Karma. Guess I have to brace myself for a huge bill.
Dealers know things like this will happen to loaners. Trust me, you're not the only one who has had this happen while they had a loaner. They'll fix it themselves just like Safelite would do. There's nothing about this incident that will have any effect on their ability to sell the car once it comes off loaner service. It won't even affect their ability to sell the car as a CPO. As long as little cracks like this are repaired properly and are not in the line of sight of the driver they are not required to replace the windshield to CPO the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.