BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm new to the BMW life and I just bought a used 2013 328i xdrive sedan a few days ago. Got a good deal on it and I absolutely love the car. Everything seems good so far except for the drivers side lumbar support.

The lumbar support seems to have a mind of its own. It randomly inflates, deflates, and moves up and down without me touching the buttons. It pretty much acts like a massage chair. Although that's sometimes nice, it gets really annoying and uncomfortable. It will even do this when no one is sitting in the seat.

If anyone has any idea why its doing this or how to fix it I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Maybe a bad switch? Because the fix may involve disassembling part of the seat you may want to have a good BMW technician give you an evaluation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that's what I'll have to do. Really didn't want to take it to the shop this soon but I can't think of another option. Hopefully it's not too expensive

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
This is something you'll want to fix quickly because the seat will operate while parked. Assuming it's a switch or wiring issue, your battery will get run down if you let the issue persist.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got if fixed. According to the shop it was just a poor connection under the seat. They were able to fix it in the diagnostic check. Only cost $7.50 on top of the diagnostic fee.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts