BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at e39 540i6's.
I have a discussion at http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=548295

Anyway just wanted to see what people's opinions where.
So here are my options.
A)2000 540i6 63K miles, $20K AE, nav, shades, rear foldown. average condition. needs tires. Warranty just expiring this week. Love all the options.
B)2001 540i6. 82K miles 90% hwy, $19K, Steel blue on tan. xenon AE, standard options. super clean. Might be hard to resale cause of high miles.
C)2000 540i6 65K miles $19K black on black. xenon. super clean aftermkt warranty till 75K. lack of options. no xenon AE.

I"ll try to get pics of the other options. I am having a hard time deciding and torn on which to pick. they all have their good qualities.
thanks for the helping me decide.

·
Registered
243 Posts
What are the service record on all three? Did you do a carfax on them? I would pick the one with the best service records. Options are nice, but that also mean more things can break. However the rear folddown is nice, mine don't have it.

Have you check Ebay? A 2003 540i with the M package just sold for $24k with 46k miles. If I didn't get mine last Oct, I would have love to jump on that. I should have never looked, now I am piss.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
f155mph said:
What are the service record on all three? Did you do a carfax on them? I would pick the one with the best service records. Options are nice, but that also mean more things can break. However the rear folddown is nice, mine don't have it.

Have you check Ebay? A 2003 540i with the M package just sold for $24k with 46k miles. If I didn't get mine last Oct, I would have love to jump on that. I should have never looked, now I am piss.
Yah did carfax on all of them. they came out clean. mechanically I think they are all good. Most of them had warranty. The Option A 01 guy and 00 option C seem to be pretty anal guys. So they seem to be have kept up on stuff. Option B has some ext wear, but was CPO'd which is now ending coverage. Mechanically the car is fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.